New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008

I wonder if there is anyone out there who can help me with my KIA Pregio automatic Transmission Problem. I was force to have the automatic transmission overhauled last May of this year due to a very poor power when shifting into reverse. A few incline along the road won’t let the car move backwards when reversing.
    After the overhaul with all the rebuilding kits like o-rings and gaskets have been replaced by new parts and shifting to reverse is now doing great, another problem occurred. This time I felt shock when shifting to a higher gear and shifting to second gear doesn’t seem to work, coming from a full stop when I step on the gas pedal. So what I do is to release a little bit on the gas pedal and that’s the time shifting to the second gear occur.
    Hope someone can help me with this problem… thank you.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by foreverbutch View Post

I wonder if there is anyone out there who can help me with my KIA Pregio automatic Transmission Problem. I was force to have the automatic transmission overhauled last May of this year due to a very poor power when shifting into reverse. A few incline along the road won’t let the car move backwards when reversing.
    After the overhaul with all the rebuilding kits like o-rings and gaskets have been replaced by new parts and shifting to reverse is now doing great, another problem occurred. This time I felt shock when shifting to a higher gear and shifting to second gear doesn’t seem to work, coming from a full stop when I step on the gas pedal. So what I do is to release a little bit on the gas pedal and that’s the time shifting to the second gear occur.
    Hope someone can help me with this problem… thank you.

foreverbutch,
    take it back to where you had it done. that is an unsatisfactory job they did maybe from a simple mistake or incompetence. you paid for the service that was never delivered to your complete satisfaction. if they can't figure it out, then you shouldn't have to pay for the "overhaul" and that they should cover the warranty of their work. if they don't have an idea what happened, look for another shop who can. good luck
    jick

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    thank you jick...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    sir butch i heard nagpalit ka ng buong transmission. Magkano and saan shop ka bumili ? Musta na shifting ngayon ?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by victorp View Post
    sir butch i heard nagpalit ka ng buong transmission. Magkano and saan shop ka bumili ? Musta na shifting ngayon ?
    okay na sya ngayon sir vic. makakapal lang pala mga plates kaya hirap mag shift. hindi ko na mabilang kung ilang beses sya umakyat baba sa baguio. basta madami nang beses. nakarating na nga ito ng gensan nitong holy week at nabahaan pa sya way back to manila. so far okay naman ang takbo. sir vic, hindi buong tranny ang pinalitan. bumili lang ako ng rebuilding kit sa fronte kasi wala naman problema yung valve body nya at torque converter. thanks for your inquiry sir vic.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    sir butch, me alam ka kng san pwede umorder ng speed gear? wala kasi dito sa baguio and dagupan, 1997 pregio gs automatic nga pala sasakyan ko, tnx

KIA Pregio A/T Problem