New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I posted this sa other troubles as well because it is supposedly linked sa flooding. my gs vgt got submerged kasi up to flooring. after change fluids, back to normal na siya. after two months since the fluids change since it was running still after ondoy, yesterday, on our way to subic, nagstuck up na siya sa 4th gear sa nlex. had to bring it home.

i dropped by hyundai balintawak, they did diagnostics, problema daw is bal body (?). can someone help me understand that?

then i proceeded to hyundai marcos hiway (which i am gving a thumbs down), said it was a module daw na computer ng AT, which costs 130K. this is without looking at my starex... I walked out immediately!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead2 View Post
    I posted this sa other troubles as well because it is supposedly linked sa flooding. my gs vgt got submerged kasi up to flooring. after change fluids, back to normal na siya. after two months since the fluids change since it was running still after ondoy, yesterday, on our way to subic, nagstuck up na siya sa 4th gear sa nlex. had to bring it home.

i dropped by hyundai balintawak, they did diagnostics, problema daw is bal body (?). can someone help me understand that?

then i proceeded to hyundai marcos hiway (which i am gving a thumbs down), said it was a module daw na computer ng AT, which costs 130K. this is without looking at my starex... I walked out immediately!

there is a chance the bal body "valve body" is stuck in their bores from rust being exposed to the water. but you mentioned that the fluids have been changed. just make sure all the seven fluid types in the engine compartment have been drained and replenished
    jick

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    there is a chance the bal body "valve body" is stuck in their bores from rust being exposed to the water. but you mentioned that the fluids have been changed. just make sure all the seven fluid types in the engine compartment have been drained and replenished
    jick

valve body ba yun? di ko kasi mainitindihan ang sinabi. yes all fluids were changed. can rust occur in it even if it was never stuck and was continually used after fluid change?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead2 View Post
    valve body ba yun? di ko kasi mainitindihan ang sinabi. yes all fluids were changed. can rust occur in it even if it was never stuck and was continually used after fluid change?

there is a possibility, but another suspected area would be the solenoids on the sides of the transmission.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    any idea about repair time? I am down to my last car. If it succumbs to Ondoy as well....

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Labour time ,around 20 hrs re/re/ rebuild tranny

kung may electronic /electrical issue, extra pa yun

consider the parts availability too.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    a good starting point is pa scan mo muna ang transmission mo. kung drain and change trans oil lang ginawa i'm sure hindi natanggal lahat ang tubig (like yung nasa valve body and torque converter). kaya it;s very important na ma scan ang trans mo before pulling it down.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    there is a possibility, but another suspected area would be the solenoids on the sides of the transmission.

you are right. there is an issue with the solenoids. there is a part that also needs replacement pero they do not have the part number. they are still checking with HARI.

AT issue