New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Hi Guys once again, Im reaching to all you tsikoteers who can provide me much needed help, so here goes, My Hyundai Getz has been with me for quite some time now and only recently, shifting gears has been quite strange and difficult, Whenever I change gears between 1st to 5th sometimes I dont really need to press the clutch all the way, sometimes I dont even press the clutch at all and I can still switch to the next gear (while car is running of course) and when it comes to reversing I sometimes need to give it a bit more effort to change the gear to reverse, and one thing I noticed as well is that everytime I accelerate in any gear I noticed that the car seems to be struggling, so question is, am I having a slipped clutch issue? A friend of mine told me that If I do have a clutch issue its better to have it adjusted now rather than wait for it to break down and have it fixed cos that will entail a lot of money, so another question would be how much am I looking at if I should have my clutch adjusted, and if worse case scenario that my clutch has been damaged and needs to be repaired, whats the cost on that one as well? (just a rough estimate)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I'm thinking between P2000 and P3000 for the clutch disk, release bearing and pressure plate. Labor siguro mga P500-P1000.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    clutch issue nga yan. if you dont have it fixed right away, you are just asking for more potentially expensive repairs. pag gumasgas ang rivets ng clutch to the flywheel, you will need tp either replace the flywheel or reface. either way, expensive yun.

be prepared to shell out upwards of 5k. usual labor for clutch replacement is 2k-2.5k.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i had my ex-getz clutch replaced before.
    cost me 8,000.00 servitek las pinas..... OEM parts, kasama na labor.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i had my ex-getz clutch replaced before.
    cost me 8,000.00 servitek las pinas..... OEM parts, kasama na labor.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Sir try nyo po pumunta or tawagan goodgear pasay,, auto supply po ng hyundai parts yan, ung labor ng pagpalit ng clutch assy prang 1.5k ata sakanila, may mga mekaniko nrin cla dun... May fb page din po ang hyundai getz, ito po official getz club of the philippines...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Although not a hyundai car, I had my clutch repair for 11k. Totally worth it.

May sounds ka ba naririnig pag inaapakan clutch pedal?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    pa OT lang ng konti....

ilan na po odometer reading nyo nung makaexperience kayo ng clutch sliding sa getz or nung mag palit na ng clutch disk?

TIA

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

pa OT lang ng konti....

ilan na po odometer reading nyo nung makaexperience kayo ng clutch sliding sa getz or nung mag palit na ng clutch disk?

TIA

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Erick Chavez View Post
    pa OT lang ng konti....

TIA

pa OT lang ng konti....

TIA
    100k sa odo.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Chavez View Post
    pa OT lang ng konti....

TIA

pa OT lang ng konti....

TIA
    100k sa odo.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Just a few more follow up questions, cause I'm about to send my car to a shop for repairs and I would really like to avoid getting swindled into paying more than what I'm supposed to, anyway, like I mentioned I am experiencing some sliding clutch issues, but I noticed that like some suggested that I put my gear into 5th and see if it stalls, if it doesn't then its time to replace the clutch, well I put my gear into 5th, 4th or even 3rd and the car stalls and turns off, the only issue I have is that acceleration is difficult, so I guess my question is is there such a thing as just adjusting the clutch? maybe something just came loose or out of sync? and whenever a clutch replacement is needed, do I really need to replace the bearings, and pressure plates as well? is it possible that everything else is ok and its just the clutch disk that's having the issue?

P.s. sorry in case some of my questions seems medyo weird or noobish, you could say I wasn't born with a mechanical thumb

and just in case there are some forumers here from Bacolod City, are there auto shops you can recommend that are wallet friendly, cos the only place Im familiar is a place called Highway Tire Supply, and Hyundai Casa, and they charge an arm and a leg.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast