New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jnsk View Post
    I see. How about using hand break, ano po pwede maging prob nito sa katagalan kung ganun yung gagawin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    just like the pedal brakes, the brake shoes wear out faster, if one uses the handbrake often.
    but the wear is so miniscule, hindi mo mapupuna. it is practically a non-issue.

the handbrake mechanism is also expected to endure more wear and tear.

but it's no big deal, as they are doing what they were designed to do.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 12th, 2019 at 01:24 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Is that okay even if its CVT?
    Shouldn't be a problem. MTs uses this all the time when "hanging" on traffic to avoid burning the clutch . You did drive a manual yes?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    While reversing in uphill, pull handbrake to stop the car rolling forward, then slowly release it while pressing the gas pedal to reverse completely. Is that correct?

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    While reversing in uphill, pull handbrake to stop the car rolling forward, then slowly release it while pressing the gas pedal to reverse completely. Is that correct?

yes .. makakasanayan mo rin yan

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017

Brake pedal to full stop... Then lift the hand brake.... Then release the brake pedal.. A little throttle... Release hand brake.

Always use the brake pedal to stop.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Copy, thanks sa advice mga paps! How to properly drive an automatic transmission car during traffic?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Hi! noob here sa A/T cars. How about pag running uphill then nasa D ako and pag na notice ko nag-struggle/hirap yung engine, what i did was to shift it directly to a lower gear say D-3 ba yun or 3? any harm on the tranny? what is the best practice sa ganong situation? Tapos kapag naka-ahon na sa uphill, i switched it again to D.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    just release the gas pedal when changing gears.

Quote Originally Posted by rai_23 View Post
    Hi! noob here sa A/T cars. How about pag running uphill then nasa D ako and pag na notice ko nag-struggle/hirap yung engine, what i did was to shift it directly to a lower gear say D-3 ba yun or 3? any harm on the tranny? what is the best practice sa ganong situation? Tapos kapag naka-ahon na sa uphill, i switched it again to D.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rai_23 View Post
    Revving up doesnt mean hirap ang engine. The sound of toyotas and hondas above 4000rpm is good.

If you're slowly losing speed just step on the accelerator more, it will automatically drop a gear. If you step on it too hard it will drop 2 gears( medyo mabigat paa mo and more fuel is needed/consumed)

10. Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    just release the gas pedal when changing gears.
    yes sir qwerty, ni-release ko yung gas pedal while shifting to lower gear and vice-versa.

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Revving up doesnt mean hirap ang engine. The sound of toyotas and hondas above 4000rpm is good.

If you're slowly losing speed just step on the accelerator more, it will automatically drop a gear. If you step on it too hard it will drop 2 gears( medyo mabigat paa mo and more fuel is needed/consumed)
    oo nga sir stockengine, losing speed might be the proper term.

so i guessed no harm was done to the tranny. thanks for answering

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
How to properly drive an automatic transmission car during traffic?