New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    When my gear is on 2nd or 3rd, 4th I think even on 5th my gear shaft makes this weird sound when I hit the gas pedal. I think the vibration causes it and its as if some screw is loose (this is while not holding it and letting it rest) but if I hold the gear shaft and move it a tiny winy bit back to the center just so that it isn't leaning the sound is gone (The car is still in the right gear). How can I fix this loose gear shaft problem? Thank you

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ano model yan hilux mo?? baka need na replace yung plastic bushing ng shift stick

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Sorry sa lack of info.. It's a 2005 4x2 Hilux. How much po yan and where can i get it checked for free is possible

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    replace the nylon bushing at the tip of the shifter stick and the nylon/rubber shifter seat at the ball of the shifter. this usually drops the gear to neutral while on third gear if the shifter knob is heavy.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mina_nuka View Post
    replace the nylon bushing at the tip of the shifter stick and the nylon/rubber shifter seat at the ball of the shifter. this usually drops the gear to neutral while on third gear if the shifter knob is heavy.
    Hey mina_nuka It doesnt come from the top. The sound froms from the bottom part of the stick but will check what you suggested. Thank you

Hilux M/T gear shaft noise problem