New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    mga guys need your help, hiniram ng parents ko iyong 99 AT civic ko, after that nakapark na sila when they start the car ngstart naman pero ayaw daw mgshift sa D4 iyong transmission stick, ano kaya problema nito? and alam ko just press the brake tapos iyong button ng shifter, pano pag ginagwa na nila iyon at ayaw pa rin?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    kahit ba lagyan ng accelarator ayaw pa din?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    meron shift interlock yan

it could be a circuit problem

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    my mom just called me fuse lang daw ang problem, here's what happen, sa pangasinan sila galing, middle of their journey they turn the acu on, suddenly nawala iyong busina, after a couple of minutes okay naman na daw, when they arrive here in manila ngpark sila and iyon na nga, ask ko lang guys since okay naman na iyong car ngayon I want to ask you guys whats caused this? so that I can have it checked and it would not occur again. Thanks...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Do you mean that you can't shift out of Park? If the problem pops up again, check if the brakelights light up when you step on the brake pedal. The A/T shift interlock responds to an electrical signal from the brake pedal. If your brake lights does not light, it could be a problem with a fuse or the brake switch.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    yeah, it could also be the brake switch. have it checked nalang.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    ah okay thanks guys, just to add something my mom told me that the mechanic that fix our car told them that the problem daw ay iyong busina grounded daw wag daw muna gamitin baka daw maulit ulit ang problem, I really don't know if this is true, better have it check nalang later,

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wilnor View Post
    ah okay thanks guys, just to add something my mom told me that the mechanic that fix our car told them that the problem daw ay iyong busina grounded daw wag daw muna gamitin baka daw maulit ulit ang problem, I really don't know if this is true, better have it check nalang later,
    That could happen if the brake lights share the same fuse as the horn. Using the presumably defective horn could blow up the fuse, rendering the brake light and incidentally, the A/T shift interlock inoperable.

Help sa transmission