New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    my ride is isuzu crosswind xuv 04 a/t edition.

we went to baguio 1st week of the month. a week before, had my ride PM'd for 100km sa casa. even replaced all ball joints, break shoe and pads. so we went to baguio. sa highway na patag, ok lahat. no prob. paakyat ng kennon, humina na hatak. my tranny burned...as in umusok. tumirik kami sa camp8. had to be towed to a shop. first thing they said was my tranny burned because of low atf. they showed me the drained burnt atf. as in wala pa 2liters. so baklas transmission. true enough it was burnt. so the recom was to rebuild it. nagorder na parts. after 2 days, dumating parts - bryco trans rebuilding kit. we also replaced the torque converter. after putting humpty dumpty together, time for test drive. ok hatak. lakas umakyat. the only problem was that pagreverse, matagal bago pumasok sa gear. sabi sa valve body daw. so tanggal valve body. nilinis lahat pati mga solenoid chineck. test drive uli. ok na. had to shell out 30k plus. stayed there for at least a week for break in. no problems. uwi ako manila. drive was ok. mejo alalay lang takbo kasi bago lang.

now the problem-pagdating sa sctex, nlex no prob. pagdating na sa mga stop light, hirap na mag shift from 1st to 2nd. at least 2500 rpm bitaw acceelrator then papasok pa lang sa 2nd. no prob pag 2nd to 3rd or to 4th. pagdating sa bahay pag park ko bumalik yung sakit na matagal pumasok.
    had to call the mechanic. sabi pacheck ko daw sa isuzu for the throttle position sensor. just this morning, my car worked ok. or so i thought, drove around for half an hour. then bumalik lahat problem.

mga sir/s, please help me. have to get inputs first before going to casa. already shelled out big amount. its our only car. already read all pages concerning tranny and xwind. wala po ako nakita.

please help po.

thank in advance...

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    the best advise i could give is ibalik mo na lang sa casa yan and you don't have to spend dahil backjob yan. may problem yan internally like pressure leaks maari sa mga lip seals, servo piston or sometimes band adjustments, or bka may electrical fault na dapat ma scan ang tcm

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    sir t2erns, sa baguio po kasi pinarebuild yung tranny. the car is with me dito sa manila. balak ko po sya dalhin mismo sa isuzu.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    gagastos ka nga kung dadlhin mo sa isuzu lalo pa't hindi sila ang nagrebuild ng tranny mo. the least siguro ay ipa diagnose mo muna. then saka mo decide kung ano ang best option mo. but definitely malaking gastos uli yan kung irerebuild uli ng isuzu.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    that is why i don't like the casa doing the maintenance.. dami dyan bobo talaga as in bobo!! don't depend too much on the casa.. better to know your vehicle on what to check before going out the casa.. A/T transmission are very precise and sophisticated machines so without the proper settings surely it will not run like it was before

for sure casa will say replace the transmission but no warranty.. you will surely shell out more money so be ready

help please...