New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    hi everyone,

i have a honda hatchback 92 with a 135000km motor, its my first car so i'm not up to all the problems i can have ( but i'm learning its an old model )
    some times, especially after a lot of traffic, i experience that the motor looks disconnected from the wheels ... still working and moving but i'm loosing a lot of power and the motor gets loose when i accelerate too much ( the rpm is getting high without the car going faster ... ) i get the motricity back when i go slowly.

its not all the time but i'm afraid someday i'll end without transmission !

what do you think is the problem ? is it about the timing belt ? or something else ? and if you know what it is could you tell me how much it would cost all in all ? for honda hatchback 92, 1.2 motor.

thanks a lot !!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    worn out clutch?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    could be.. seems to be that kind of part too. Is it possible to repair or do i have to change the part ? if you have an idea of price and what kind of garage is doing that ? i'm living in imus near the highway so there are lots of garages but all different specialty ...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm. dunno. baka pwede ng i-reface... don't have any idea on the price though.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    ok i searched in internet about worn out clutch and it seems to be exactly the problem , "worn out plate" seems i have to change all the clutch, they say its possible to repair but not that nice...
    i'll search in the honda club how much is the part .

thanks a lot for the help !!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lazuli: With your mileage, about time na po palitan ang clutch disc, pressure plate, bearing, oil seals and fluid nyan po... Nauubos talaga yung clutch lining.

I suggest you call casa for parts price muna, matagal-tagal naman bago ka magpapalit ulit, mas ok na ang OEM...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    while your at it, maybe its time for timing belt replacement kung hindi pa napapalitan yan... mas mahirap yun pag mapatid.

HELP needed transmission problem !!