Lately, bigla nagloloko starting ng automatic
    transmission car namin. After turning off engine
    or parking it less than about 30 minutes, then
    pag-start mo...ayaw start........Then pag-ginalaw namin
    shifting gear up and down.....then start mo ulit...mag-start
    na engine.....Last few days, we have to do it about 5 times
    before it starts.....Pag park naman namin ng matagal...one click
    lang start na..........By the way our car is Nissan March 2002
    Model..Its battery is still new......Hope you can help us guys...

Thank you and Happy New Year to all!!!!!

Chris

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Top of mind ko, starter solenoid. Pwede rin carbon brush ng starter or starter mismo.

Happened to me once also, turned out starter solenoid lang pala.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello,

It has nothing to do with the transmission, my Alty was like that before too, the prob is your starter... AT requires a bit more juice for it to start properly, unlike in MT. Battery and starter has to be in tip top shape.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Yup, happened to our office's Suzuki APV AT. Starter solenoid dumikit. Baka pwede pa namang madala sa linis.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    If you move the shift lever and it starts after you do that, it's the neutral safety switch - responsible for turning on the reverse lights, allowing the ignition to only start in neutral (N) or park (P) only.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    as you said ng ginalaw mo yung shifting stick up and down, probably yung safety switch nga ang sira. automatic transmission will start only on park position, others pwede rin sa neutral.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I'm sure the TS knows that he can start the car only P or N. After all, he's had the car for 5 years na.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eyshmechanic View Post
    as you said ng ginalaw mo yung shifting stick up and down, probably yung safety switch nga ang sira. automatic transmission will start only on park position, others pwede rin sa neutral.
    Thank you for all your prompt replies.....

We only start at "P" and "N" lever position. The problem I described above
    is a "No Crank" starting problem. It seems that there is no electricity supplied
    to the starter.....upon moving the gear lever up and down there is this sudden
    click sound that we hear.....after that....we can now start the engine.....But lately
    as I mentioned above, we are having a hard time starting the engine.......Something
    strange thou is when we parked for approximately 30minutesor longer....the cars starts fine.....Before we have it repaired I hope you can share some inputs as my reference to compare notes with the car shop mechanic....Thank you very much

9. Join Date
    May 2007
    baka yung safety switch talaga ang sira or the relay. maybe that explains why pag matagal naka-park, yung switch or relay got a good contact pag matagal naka-engaged. of course input lang po.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Better be sure and check mo na muna ang safety switch. I guess mas mura i-replace ito rather than yun starter solenoid. Kung naayos, eh di ok. Kung hinde, starter na ang tignan ninyo.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Help...Help...Ayaw mag-start: Automatic Transmission Car