New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Because like most non-MT trannies only do drain & refill. The dialysis method is more complex and more expensive. You are practically changing all fluid in the tranny with the dialysis method. That’s about 13L.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Does that mean that we never need to do the dialysis method for the life of the car? Do you happen to know the reason why most people in the US do dialysis instead of drain and refill?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    Does that mean that we never need to do the dialysis method for the life of the car? Do you happen to know the reason why most people in the US do dialysis instead of drain and refill?
    I have no idea. I guess It’s cheaper for them to do it that way. Some people in the US also do drain and refill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    from what i understand,
    draining and refilling just replaces the free oil in the trans box.
    the oil inside the torque converter does not drain that well, in plain drain and refill method.
    this is where dialysis method comes in.
    in dialysis method, the oil inside the torque converter becomes part of the circulating oil that is constantly being drained of dirty oil and refilled with clean oil.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    from what i understand,
    draining and refilling just replaces the free oil in the trans box.
    the oil inside the torque converter does not drain that well, in plain drain and refill method.
    this is where dialysis method comes in.
    in dialysis method, the oil inside the torque converter becomes part of the circulating oil that is constantly being drained of dirty oil and refilled with clean oil.
    Transmission fluid flushes miss 1 vital thing...FILTER REPLACEMENT! It's rather unwise to go to just any shop where you have no assurance nor idea of how their flush(dialysis) equipment has been maintained...or who knows, they might mix-use theirs for various CVTs & other types of ATs. There's that risk of having some amount of wrong fluid mixed with the recommended + that attached below... More harm than good.
    Drain, replace the filter & fill multiple times is the safer way & is what most manufacturers recommend.

Services that you DON’T need: Transmission Flushes – My Garage

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i saw some videos in youtube doing DIY transmission flush by tapping at the fluid cooler lines.. they let the transmission dump the old fluid and feed new fluid with help of gravity..

but last time i did an ATF change, i just perform the trusty drain and fill at 40k kms.. did it twice in interval of 2.5k kms.. on the 2nd flush, ATF is back is reddish color.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Transmission fluid flushes miss 1 vital thing...FILTER REPLACEMENT! It's rather unwise to go to just any shop where you have no assurance nor idea of how their flush(dialysis) equipment has been maintained...or who knows, they might mix-use theirs for various CVTs & other types of ATs. There's that risk of having some amount of wrong fluid mixed with the recommended + that attached below... More harm than good.
    Drain, replace the filter & fill multiple times is the safer way & is what most manufacturers recommend.

Services that you DON’T need: Transmission Flushes – My Garage

the hidden message...
    "go casa!"

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    the hidden message...
    "go casa!"
    Or, DIY casa style, not flush/dialysis.[emoji4]

8. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    the hidden message...
    "go casa!"
    My take away from the article is not to do a flush but just a drain and refill. And since the casa for Subaru cars is using flush/dialysis method, then it's "avoid casa" for me.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    i saw some videos in youtube doing DIY transmission flush by tapping at the fluid cooler lines.. they let the transmission dump the old fluid and feed new fluid with help of gravity..

but last time i did an ATF change, i just perform the trusty drain and fill at 40k kms.. did it twice in interval of 2.5k kms.. on the 2nd flush, ATF is back is reddish color.
    That makes sense. If I think of it, it's the same concept as my computer water cooling system. The main point in the system is to never run the pump of the system dry and it is impossible to get 100% of the old liquid out when replacing it.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    the ATF dialysis method will utilize the ATF cooler lines... i think, much better to do the gravity feed if you really want the dialysis method, let the transmission pump suck and dump the atf.. just make sure you have sufficient fresh atf for continuous feed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast