New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    what exactly do you mean by slide?

kasi ngayon... wala talagang clutch. lubog siya dahil may leak na yung secondary master.

Ganito kasi yun, if you still have your original clutch slave (2ndary master) and the inside surface of the cylinder wall is as smooth as glass, you only have to change the repair kit. The ff japan replacement brands are good: SaM, Seiken, Aisin, Miyaco. By experience the F/C brand leaks pretty easily. There are also two types of repair kit, the1st one having double rubber O-ring & the 2nd type being single O-ring. I prefer the former for obvious reasons. Next thing to consider is the "bowl" of the repair kit should be the same as with the original to maintain the "play" of the pushrod to maintain the length b/n the clutch slave piston (repair kit) & the clutch fork to have a "normal" depth of the clutch pedal. A shallower bowl will result in " nakatukod" na clutch & a deeper bowl will have the opposite. You should always bleed your clutch system when you change its hydraulic parts or you will have a deep clutch that is unable to shift.
    BTW, If your clutch slave is not salvageable, you have no choice but to replace it. The ff brands are nice: Seiken, Aisin & Sam. There are plenty of cheaper brands today but they dont last long, leak pretty easily and they usually present with a stiffer clutch ....

Oh, a seasoned mechanic knows this by heart and is a piece of cake. You have to look for another mechanic if your present mechanic tells you to change your clutch disc, pressure plate & release bearing w/o even fixing your clutch hydraulics..
    Cheers!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    ^^
    thanks for the infos.
    Seiken i think is the best. but the most expensive. the next best imo is Sam. I think aisin is from taiwan.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^
    thanks for the infos.
    Seiken i think is the best. but the most expensive. the next best imo is Sam. I think aisin is from taiwan.
    trucker, try mo din magtanong sa Riken Motors. sa tapat lang ni commuter. they carry aisin products. and mukhang legit naman mga binebenta nila.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    trucker, try mo din magtanong sa Riken Motors. sa tapat lang ni commuter. they carry aisin products. and mukhang legit naman mga binebenta nila.
    where exactly is commuter? saan malapit?
    i tried aisin once... i was told that it is class A from taiwan. i'm bias with japanese made parts.
    the best pa rin ang seiken. i think this is a good replacement part. i went to el dorado (mitsubishi) once and inquire about secondary master, they're giving me seiken at ridiculous price.
    Last edited by trucker111; November 28th, 2012 at 06:02 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    where exactly is commuter? saan malapit?
    i tried aisin once... i was told that it is class A from taiwan. i'm bias with japanese made parts.
    the best the pa rin ang seiken. i think this is a good replacement part. i went to el dorado once and inquire about secondary master, they're giving me seiken at ridiculous price.
    Commuter is along masangkay. near corner of soler. yung Riken check mo muna. ok din mag shop doon

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    stay away from FIC brand. madaling masira.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Clutch Problem of L300 FB... Help!