New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Mga sir sinearch ko sa net kung bakit ginagawa to, eto ung mga reason na nahanap ko, pakicorrect na lang po.
    1. Para hindi umabante kung sakaling nakagear (obvious naman to).
    2. Some cars have clutch safety switch, kailangan talagang ipress ang clutch para mastart.
    3. Less strain sa starter.

May nagsabi naman na pag pinress mo ang clutch bago ka magstart may added stress sa crankshaft thrust bearings, specially pag cold engine.

Anu po ang totoo jan? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Iwas kadyot.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Just for the reasons you stated in #1 and #2.

It's just a safety feature. Iwas SUA.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by luffin View Post

2. Some cars have clutch safety switch, kailangan talagang ipress ang clutch para mastart.
    I experienced this with my brother's car. I was wondering why it wouldn't start until he told me that I needed to depress the clutch pedal. He also showed me that it has an indicator.

I'm interested with this, why require the clutch pedal to be depressed before starting?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Been a while since I've driven a manual hehe. My dad also taught me that. Press on the clutch para iwas kadyot. I remember my ex would always get mad at me for this. I would sometimes drive her car. So when I park her car, I put the gear in 1st gear when I turn it off. She naman, was taught not to press on the clutch when starting the car. So palaging nag kadyot yung car niya when she starts it (after I park it) hehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Yes, it's an added precaution to ensure the gears won't engage when you start your vehicle.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    The clutch is a mechanical switch that connects your wheels to the engine so it's purely mechanical not electrical

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Walang silbi yan pag tapak mo sa clutch kung hindi mo din nilagay sa neutral yung kambyo.. kasi pag start mo for sure iaangat mo yung paa mo so kakadyot ka din...

Best practice pa din mag triple check kung naka neutral ka then press the brakes together with the clutch

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    The clutch is a mechanical switch that connects your wheels to the engine so it's purely mechanical not electrical

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Not a mechanical interlock, its actually an electrical switch just like the brake light switch under the pedal connected to the ECM that controls the IPDM and ignition switch. Depressing the pedal turns it to on position, a logic state needed to turn the starter. On most AT's you won't be able to start the engine without depressing the brake, these are some of safety features and written on the user manual.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I experienced this with my brother's car. I was wondering why it wouldn't start until he told me that I needed to depress the clutch pedal. He also showed me that it has an indicator.

I'm interested with this, why require the clutch pedal to be depressed before starting?
    to prevent surprise surge in case the car is in gear.
    it's a precaution designed to take advantage of existing habits of owners of older cars that do not have "kadyot precautions". so as not to force old dogs to learn new tricks.
    my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast