New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Guys, just recently I noticed that the level of the clutch fluid at the reservoir in my car has been decreasing. I need to refill the fluid every week or two above the minimum level. For the past 9 years I haven't experience this in my car. I have no problem with shifting gears (MT) nor noticed any changes when I stepped on the clutch. What seems to be the problem? Thank you for any info you may share.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Simple... May leak.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    the leak can be anywhere from the reservoir to the slave cylinder by the transmission housing.
    a thorough visual inspection should flush out the culprit.
    replacement or repair kit. both have their merits.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ^^ what dr d said. My guess is its the clutch master.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Wag ka mag-alala, kung hindi ka magpalit ng repair kits sa primary master or sa secondary master ng clutch mo , pag apak mo ng clutch di papasok ang kambyo mo.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vvti2.0 View Post
    Wag ka mag-alala, kung hindi ka magpalit ng repair kits sa primary master or sa secondary master ng clutch mo , pag apak mo ng clutch di papasok ang kambyo mo.
    bossing naman.. lalong mag-a-alala yan..
    heh heh.

but i am sure we all had our story of bringing home the car on only one gear..
    Last edited by dr. d; January 2nd, 2014 at 12:06 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    LOL, and at one time any gear wont engage at all or magmamalay na lang sya lusot na ang clutch..

Seriously, peep in the plunger just behind the pedal and firewall. Check also the slave near gearbox.
    Look for wetness. Wetness = leak. This problem is common to old cars and those not flushing the system. Hygroscopic fluid collected much water enough to corrode metal parts then damage the cylinders/pistons. If your reservoir has this murky rust color in the buttom, that's your first symptom for damage due to corrosion.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Aside from the items stated above, a simple test to do is to rev the engine while parked to 3,000 rmp.... pag biglang nag white smoke yung sa tambucho and may amoy fluid, then may leak yung gasket sa loob ng hydrovac...

Rare lang ito nangyayari but it doesn't harm to check na rin

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sir, so far no rust color at the bottom. is it expensive to fix this kind of trouble?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by restituto View Post
    Sir, so far no rust color at the bottom. is it expensive to fix this kind of trouble?
    it depends on what part is leaking. masters are, i think, more expensive than slaves.
    it also depends on whether it can be fixed using a repair kit (cheaper), or needs replacement (expensive).
    but fixing it is a straightforward thing with few surprises.
    errr... have it fixed while you still can drive it. not very many mechanics make house calls now, and sometimes, it entails several trips to the parts store to get the parts...
    i usually bring the car to the parts store and have the mechanics in the area do it.

how much? i'm out of the circle, as mine hasn't needed fixin' for some time now. last time i had one fixed was in 10 years ago.. koreano pa..

tell you what.. call up a few stores for quotes on prices of master cylinder and slave cylinder of your car model. that should give you an idea. then add 500 kesos for labor and 200 bucks for the fluid..
    Last edited by dr. d; January 3rd, 2014 at 12:58 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Clutch Fluid Level at Reservoir decreasing