New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Sensya na po sa silly na tanong ko pero newbie lang po sa sasakyan lalo na sa a/t.

I have a civic 1.8S A/T with abs/ebd. Tanong ko lang if it is normal na kapag nagso-softbrake ka until braking to a full stop ay parang lalong bumubilis yung sasakyan for about 1 to 2 seconds bago mo maramdaman na kakapit yung preno. This I observed when the speed is around 40 kph and below. The feeling is para bang bago ka nag-brake ay nauna ka munang umapak ng clucth?

Is the feeling normal for a/t cars or is it because of the abs/ebd or something else. Is this something I should point out to the case for my 1st 1km pms?

Salamat po ng marami sa advice.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Do you press the brake right after releasing the gas pedal? It might be throttle surge or over-run, which is probably normal.

AFAIK, the electronic throttle is probably hanging open when you release the gas pedal, to keep the car from engine-braking abruptly... and to control emissions (sudden throttle closure causes a spurt of high emissions... most electronic throttles smoothen out the throttle closure to clamp down on pollution.)

If you feel this behavior is dangerous or abnormal, consult the casa and see if there's a TSB (technical service bulletin) regarding your car, which should mean a free reprogram.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Braking on an A/T