New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Reposting my transmission concerns/problems here (I mistakenly posted it in the "Other trouble" section...

After a car repair shop did an ATF flush to my A/T after the CRV got totally submerged last year by typhoon Ondoy, I noted that it lost "power" to run uphill or elevated/inclined roads (i.e. the mechanic terms it as "nawawalan ng hatak" yung transmission).

So after kami itirik somewhere along ortigas (area going to Tiendesitas from medical city), I made sure that the car repair shop would get back to it and see the problem. "Nasunog daw yung lining??" when they pulled down the transmission.

After they returned it to us (this time with missing turn signal lights, non-OEM busted shocks, missing park light bulbs and had new deep scratches on the body) I figured that if I let it stay with the same repair shop, it'll be cannibalized further - so although tumatakbo yung CRV di ko na muna ibalik sa kanila.

Pero na-notice ko, yung A/T kelangan ko i-manual shift from P or N then to D1 muna para umandar yung CRV. Nawalan sya ng "automatic shifting" and parang mahina yung hatak niya kung sa D-gear kagad ako diretso. In order for the CRV to run, kelangan naka-D1 gear ako tuloy.

Ano kaya problem nito? The LED light of the gear indicator for "D" gear no longer lights up so I couldn't possibly tell kung nag-blink siya or what.

Any help/info/suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I suggest you visit Honda Spa or a Honda dealer and have your vehicle OBD scanned. Not only has your CR-V been submered by Ondoy, it has also been victimized by a "crooked" mechanic. Do yourself a favor and bring your car to a reputable shop the next time around.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thanks for the advice, will try to have the OBD scan before the month ends.

I actually initially had it towed to Honda casa (sta. rosa laguna) back in early October 2009 (roughly 1 week-and-a half after Ondoy) as that was the only Honda casa which was able to accomodate my CRV - albeit being number 78th or was it 87th in the long line of vehicles towed in. Other Honda service centers were already fully-booked obviously by vehicles which suffered the same fate within metro manila.

Of course, when I got the initial quote of P368,000+ for parts to be replaced (computer box included), I just didn't have that kind of money to spend on the vehicle considering the whole 1st floor of our house and a whole bunch of furnitures/appliances needed to be repaired (most were thrown away) or replaced. I had to make a decision to just pull it out of the service center and look for a repair shop elsewhere - this was a bad move but priorities must be set back then.

I'm not ready to part yet from the CRV so I'm slowly trying to "revive" it - and with our 5-month-old baby boy, the CRV would just have to take the back seat especially on spending priorities...

And so the complete revival of the V might take sometime to finish or realize but maybe it'll still be around to bring along for short rides or family trips - now I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one

Automatic transmission problem in CRV 2000: need to manually shift gears from D1 to D