New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Question lang po for AT/CVT/DCT

How many KMS before overhaul?

I did my research kasi and most na lumabas is kapag tumigil na daw, it's time for an overhaul... Ayoko naman abutan na tumigil na lang bigla yung sasakyan...

Based on experience... Once it "slides" its time... Pero as a guide for others... Ilang KMS bago maghanap ng AT repair shop

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I will speak for AT.

You cant really tell.

Its not an exact science.

Plus, its how one maintains his/her AT that determines on how "long" it will last.

I have a friend who is very praning on his tranny giving up on him. So I told him to buy a used tranny, have it overhauled and keep it as a reserve.

That is what the guy did.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post

I did my research kasi and most na lumabas is kapag tumigil na daw, it's time for an overhaul... Ayoko naman abutan na tumigil na lang bigla yung sasakyan...

Based on experience... Once it "slides" its time... Pero as a guide for others... Ilang KMS bago maghanap ng AT repair shop
    like benzy says, "it depends on the maintenance".
    i know of somebodies who are in the 100K odometer reading, and yet their AT is ok. i am driving one, myself.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Agree with "depende sa maintenance"

Pero kahit anong ingat natin... mapupudpod din yung clutch nya and will need replacement...

I was initially hoping nasa manual sya...

100k kms is basically the end of the car's warranty so dapat ok pa transmission nya.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

I have a 114k km. Vios at home. We use it almost everyday. Apart from that, I also have other high mileage AT cars, mostly 70's and 80's models. None of them have had AT overhaul yet. Although I have a car that is showing signs of AT flare and shift delay.

Yes, the AT is a wear and tear part. So eventually it will fail.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    The A/T is similar to a mechanical hard drive. They can run for years until they reach the point of obsolescence without showing any sign of wear. On the flip side, it can also fail way before its time due to bad design, factory defects and/or abuse. However, both share one thing... take good care of them and they will LIKELY last a very long time.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    iyong company car ng late dad ko bumigay iyong tranny just before logging 140000 kms.

pero hindi naalagaan ng mabuti iyon since company driver nga ang nag-dadala. i think even the casa was remiss because even though the car was brought to them for pms religiously, the guys who worked on the busted tranny said when they opened it up, it was apparent that the atf was far from being fresh even though the car was supposedly up-to-date regarding change of atf and its funky atf filter - w/c was the dead give away for neglect

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012

properly maintained at least 200k-500k km

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Mar 2013

Kadalasan nung 90's to 2000 model around 110-120k kms at 130-140k kms eh bonus naman! Hehe.
    Sa cvt dont know pa sa jazz na gamit ko around 99k kms na ok pa naman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Don't worry about the number of km traveled before overhaul. Modern A/Ts last as long as their M/T counterparts with good maintenance. Just follow your manufacturer's recommended AT fluid and filter change schedule and just enjoy driving your vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast