New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Hi guys I find it strange that my mazda 3 2008 1.6 is like shifting early, from 0-20 from first gear to 2nd gear and like from 20-30 to 3rd gear and 30-40 or sometimes 70 to 4th gear i find it weird that it shifts so early and when the speed is slowing down when it reach the 40 mark it doesnt change the gear from 3rd to 2nd but wait till its like 10 to shift to 1st, im thinking whether its a speed sensor issue or solenoids, I newly replaced my ATf so I know its not a problem, any idea? guys, there is no CEL or AT light what so ever

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Tama ba yun atf fluid type? I'll start there..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by StockEngine; November 12th, 2016 at 12:17 AM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Dexron po ung nilagay ng mechanic ko nung nag papalit ako ng ATF eh, pero i never heard na mag kaka gnung ung tranny pag ATF, alam ko usually pag madamumi na saka nag kaka problem, well im still new to this so i might be wrong

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    There are different varieties of dexrons...

Dexron 2
    Dexron 3
    Dexron 3h
    Dexron VI

If you put the wrong type of dexron.. damage will happen.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by StockEngine; November 12th, 2016 at 01:04 AM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    lets say that the ATF fluid is correct what could be the culprit? i can still drive the car nmn though hirap lang pasalunga and i tend to gas more since hnd nag ddownshift sa 2nd gear when slowing down

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    ^ pwedeng low or overfilled naman ang atf

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    the fluids are within the level naman,

iniisip ko palitan ung speedsensor since i think its the cheapest part to buy for now since sbe sa ibang article pede daw cause un ng early shifting or some shifting problems, pag all else fail solenoid

8. Join Date
    May 2016
    Nangyari ba yung alangang downshifts before replacing the ATF? You said newly replaced fluid, if that's the only thing you changed prior to the symptom, there lies the problem.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    the shifting problems was already present when i got the car (2nd hand kasi) even before replacing the fluid

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Is the MIL on when this happens? Other enable criteria includes TPS and ECT ( throttle sensor and coolant temperature) sensors to determine shift points.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Automatic Transmission feels like shifting early and not downshifting right Mazda 3 2008 1.6