New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    hi. i own a 96 civic vti automatic transmission. tanong ko lang kung ano pwede iset up sa makina? wala kasi ako alam e.. hoping for a reply.. thanks! :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm Im no expert din pero siguro eh intake upgrade, port and polish and the likes....hi tension wires and a good air filter for starter....

teka hanggang saan ba ang budget mo ser?

maraming pwedeng gawin dyan sa ride mo....pati palit engine pwede....

Whats the purpose of your upgrade? Do you want to take it to the track? Or do you just want additional power for normal use? How much are you will to spend? Do you want a simple I/H/E or have a turbo installed? There are a LOT of decisions you will have to make.

You must set up some goals before taking the plunge. Search this forum, am sure you'l find some answers.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can pretty much do anything with the engine as you would in a manual model. :D

The engine and transmission are two different entities.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    I/H/E lang ang best solution for your A/T car if ever budgetted ka. I replaced:

I-ntake to a K&N cone filter,
    H-eaders - DC sports 4-2-1 ceramic coated
    E-xhaust - Honda Sports stainless muffler.

although, kung talagang rezing-rezing ang gusto mo, palit ka na ng engine to M/T. medyo costly nga lang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe if you're really going to push the mods and use it on the track, perhaps you'd need a transmission cooler for the A/T, but otherwise, the modification path will be the same (i.e., start with intake, headers, exhaust; proceed to turbos, etc...)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by allanraymondr
    hi. i own a 96 civic vti automatic transmission. tanong ko lang kung ano pwede iset up sa makina? wala kasi ako alam e.. hoping for a reply.. thanks! :D
    It might help to mention if you have a budget and how much and what is your final goals for your car? Will it be a show car or sounds car or performance car?

If you are going after performance and budget is relatively open, I suggest a turbo-intercooler upgrade. This would cost you around P50,000 to P80,000. Then expect to spend a bit more for upgrades for your wheels and brakes as well.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    thanks sa reply ninyong lahat! i really appreciate it. um, sobra budget lang ako at student lang ako kaya wala ako pera pangupgrade kaagad.. try ko na rin yung I/H/E. pwede ba turbo sa matic? if ever papalitan ko rin yung mga brakes at yung mga safety features nun dba? tsaka d ba masisira makina kapag nakaturbo? and may problem kasi ako sa kotse ko lately ngayon, yung alternator... sabi ng iba aabot daw ng mga 10000 ang part na yun. thanks ulit!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pwede turbo sa matic. as otep said, the engine is totally different from the transmission. lahat ng pwedeng gawin sa makina ng M/T na kotse pwede rin gawin sa makina ng A/T na kotse.

pero syempre may limits yung pagsalpak ng turbo. you'll sacrifice some degree of durability somehow, but if tuned right, di naman sasabog yung makina mo hehe

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ah ganun ba.. delikado rin pala kapag naka ganun.hehe pero mukha nga ok kapag nakaturbo yun nga lang matic baka masira kaagad. thanks sa reply mo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
for automatic transmission