New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hey guys! Just wondering if you can help me with my automatic transmission problems. I have a Honda Accord that has about 100,500 miles. Every time I shift from park to drive the car jerks immensely forward as though it had just been rear ended & makes a clunking noise. It does this to every gear except neutral. Also when I shift it from drive to park it makes a loud clunking/grinding noise. The transmission is very hard to shift. I have to apply a lot of pressure to the shifter in order to change gear. I had the automatic transmission fluid drained & filled with Honda ATF fluid about 4 months ago & I also added a bottle of LUCAS transmission fix but it didn’t fix the problem. Could it be that my transmission mount is worn out? Do I need a complete transmission flush to eliminate the clunking/grinding? Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think its more than that...baka internals na ang problem...on an ordinary usage car, a 100,500 miles (o kilometer?) is equal na to more than 5 years old. So kung hindi pa yan na seservice sa tranny, malamang meron ng problem ang loob (slipping disk perhaps or something that)....bring it to a professional (preferably sa honda casa) na tunay na marunong sa honda.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing
    i think its more than that...baka internals na ang problem...on an ordinary usage car, a 100,500 miles (o kilometer?) is equal na to more than 5 years old. So kung hindi pa yan na seservice sa tranny, malamang meron ng problem ang loob (slipping disk perhaps or something that)....bring it to a professional (preferably sa honda casa) na tunay na marunong sa honda.
    The reading is in miles. This is a US version Accord. I guess its going to cost me more! thx for the suggestion.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    the supports are easy to check. see if there are cracks. if so replace and see what difference that makes.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    do the cheapest route muna, change and flush all fluids... clean the mesh filter thing nadin.

hirap sobra diagnose ang AT kasi.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    100,500 miles would be about 167500kms...8 years mahigit na yan dapat! Not bad...

check mo yung recomendation ni speedyfix and theveed...paghindi nag-improve go casa ng honda.

automatic tranny problems pls.help