New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hi Tsikoters,

Need expert advise po about the subject. I'm planning to bring my car to the mechanic to have the engine oil seal replaced. This process requires bringing down the transmission. While we're at it, I wanted to replace all atf completely habang naka baba yung A/T. AFAIK there are fluids being trapped inside the torque converter despite from letting out the fluid via the oil pan drain. Paano po ba ma-drain yung remaining fluid out? Meron po ba drain plug yung torque converter? kung itagilid ko yung A/T lalabas ba yun fluid sa TC? TIA.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For me, the easiest way would be to bring it for ATF dialysis. I had mine done at Autotechnika before while i heard Exalta in Banawe also has.

However, if you regularly have the ATF drained and replaced (i.e. every 20,000kms or every 40,000kms), there's no real need to drain everything. If you want, you can drain what's in the transmission, drive around for a week or so, then drain and replace the fluid one more time.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    For me, the easiest way would be to bring it for ATF dialysis. I had mine done at Autotechnika before while i heard Exalta in Banawe also has.

However, if you regularly have the ATF drained and replaced (i.e. every 20,000kms or every 40,000kms), there's no real need to drain everything. If you want, you can drain what's in the transmission, drive around for a week or so, then drain and replace the fluid one more time.
    Vinj - How many liters of oil your car needs? and how many times they dialysis style? lastly, how much the total cost?
    I'm planning to change my ATF in Feb. Of course I want the dialysis style. Thanks!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlestar View Post
    Vinj - How many liters of oil your car needs? and how many times they dialysis style? lastly, how much the total cost?
    I'm planning to change my ATF in Feb. Of course I want the dialysis style. Thanks!
    It will depend on how dirty the ATF in your transmission is. In our case, it was a 10 year old Toyota Corona with 50,000kms, which never ever had an ATF change (we bought it from an elderly lady). We used up nearly 25L of ATF before the whole system cleared up and it cost me around P 5K or 6K that time (this was circa 2007). Most cars that underwent regular ATF change would require around 6-10L depending on capacity of the transmission from what i gather.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    It will depend on how dirty the ATF in your transmission is. In our case, it was a 10 year old Toyota Corona with 50,000kms, which never ever had an ATF change (we bought it from an elderly lady). We used up nearly 25L of ATF before the whole system cleared up and it cost me around P 5K or 6K that time (this was circa 2007). Most cars that underwent regular ATF change would require around 6-10L depending on capacity of the transmission from what i gather.
    Thanks bro. last na po, how was the dialysis style in Banawe? Will they Drain-Fill up-Run the engine for a few times or Drain-Fill up-Run the car around the area?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I did not try that shop in Banawe (Exalta) as i went to Autotechnika. I read that they have the dialysis machine as well: http://tsikot.com/forums/honda-cars-...de-casa-83871/

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I did not try that shop in Banawe (Exalta) as i went to Autotechnika. I read that they have the dialysis machine as well: http://tsikot.com/forums/honda-cars-...de-casa-83871/
    Thanks. Will drop a call to Autotechnika

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thanks for the advice sir Vinj.

Ask ko lang po kung alam nyo ba kung ilan liters capacity ng 4afe '93 corolla?
    TIA.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    correct ko lang po..

ilang liters po ng atf capacity ng a/t for a '93 gli corolla. Thanks.

ATF Complete drain and fill manually