New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Would anyone know where I can purchase one in Metro Manila and how much it would cost? I am replacing my Kia Pride's ATF fluid and I thought of installing one to facilitate future repairs.

Incidentally, would anyone also know where to buy aftermarket split CV boots? Replies much appreciated.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    what good will it do if you'll just change the trans oil without the filter change too? para ka lang magpapalit ng engine oil without replacing the oil filter. installing a drain plug is only a waste of money. anyhow thats my opinion only and i'm not familiar with the kia trans but my guess is may filter ito sa loob that need to be changed too.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Di ba ang drain plug ay pantakip ng drain hole? Kailangan ba palitan ito tuwing change oil sa transmission?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    He's referrng to the TRANNY oil, not engine oil t2erns, not all cars have filters that are readily accessible in case of tranny, so it's a norm to just drain and replace ATF.

atumali: Are you referring to aftermarket, meaning parang may valve/faucet type of drain plug para di na kailangan ng wrench? The plug is simply a bolt, I don't think it's that hard to take off in future repairs, anyway?

sir atumali, sure ako 1998+ pride gtx 3-speed a/t yan ride mo...meron kami nyan,e!meron naman drain hole and plug yang a/t ng pride natin...

eto sitwasyon mo: why replace the drain plug kung di sira, at bakit naman siya masisira, unless, pinuwersa mo,right?

kay autorama sa banawe meron at filter and oil pan gasket assy..mga 1300-1500 ata un...

pag nagpalit ka ng oil, ibaba mo ung oil pan, and the filter is inside.. unlike sa lahat, ung filter ng kia has only a small open area, kaya madali magbara... and kaya dapat ibaba ung oilpan is para malinis din ung magnet inside, where the accumulated metal filings are...remove mo din ung oil sa line going to the radiator... sundin mo ung nasalabel na nasa hood, 5.3L of ATF...so kung mga 2-3L lang total na drain mo, means na 2.3L pa sa torque converter, kailangan din un palitan.. so leave mo lang open ung lines going sa radiator, start mo makina at kusang lalabas ung langis na nasa torque converter, na papalitan naman ng nasa oilpan mo... then estimate ko kung nakaka-2.3L ka na ng langis na nadedrain... ikabit mo ulit ung oil lines, then i-level mo na ung fluid while the engine is running(to have an accurate result...) better to have someone with you when you DIY this....

atf to be use should be dexron/dexron2 spec..i highly recommend these 2 brands: castrol atf (this one i used in the kia) and mobil atf220 (used in my liteace)..prepare atleast 6 liters....

nga pala dont forget the silicone sealant..red would be better, but the black one will just do fine...

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    sir moderator i know he's talking about trans oil i only compare (engine oil change) kung ano ang benifit ng changing oil without changing the filter

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    t2erns: Ahh, sa AT kasi di lahat may filter (na replaceable), most only comes with a grid-like mesh and since there's no combustion going on, walang dumi usually unless nakulangan ng lube and nagkametal-to-metal flaking.

Kinda like sa gear oil and differential, wala ding filter.

Alwayz: Buti pa sa Pride dali mag palit ng filter hehehe... OT lang, nakakuha kang ilaw ng maxima?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Meron akong nakita dati na drain plug na magnetized! :-D Yun nga lang di ko na makita ulit kung saan :-( ... Maganda siya kasi yung mga metal shavings floating around will get stucked dun sa plug so kapag nag drain ka, konti punas lang ok na ;-)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmm, ok concept hehe, but it has to be a really powerful one para mahila nya despite the presence of 5li+ of ATF slushing around.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    * yummy
    Thanks for the info. Have not inspected the pan really so I did not know there is already a drain. I have a 2000 gtx a/t and I don't have the workshop manual (tried to get from Kia but got nowhere with it). Hence, I base my initial assessment from a book called "lube, oil & chassis service" by do it right. From what I gather kasi, most pans don't have a drain. So I thought of putting one para madaling mag drain ng fluid kung ma overfill kaysa magtanggal ng linya from the radiator.

BTW, I could not find Dextron 2 na oil so I topped the fluid temporarily using Valvoline IID. Is this the same grade? Else, I'm screwed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Aftermarket transmission drain plug