New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    i cant find the ATF drain plug on my 97 honda city. can anyone help me locate it? thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    up ko lang po!!!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    you are looking for a non-existing drain plug. only manual tranny have drain plugs.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    you are looking for a non-existing drain plug. only manual tranny have drain plugs.
    ???? so how would you ever replace the atf???

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    "dropping the pan" method yan boss kung walang drain plug. mas matrabaho nga lang. yung nangyari sa akin naman e naloose thread ang drain plug nung change atf ko sana kaso ayaw matanggal at ayaw humigpit. ayun nagleleak. about 1.5 liters atf ang nauubos ko in a week. im planning to drop the pan this weekend kung may oras. my question to anyone here sa forum is: nakabili ako ng threebond 1104 (max temp of application is 150 C), is this the right sealant for the aluminum tranny pan? i have also this "villamois" paper gasket (im not sure of the spelling), is it also advisable to use it aside s 3bond? or better yung silicone rtv? guys? any comments and advice?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tip_tipid View Post
    Wow! Am I reading this right?

I must be draining my ATF from an imaginary drain plug for the past 2.5 years.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Wow! Am I reading this right?

I must be draining my ATF from an imaginary drain plug for the past 2.5 years.
    this is my thought...so where is the atf drain plug? i ve seen a square-notch nut about the size of the 1/2 hatchet wrench drive handle on the side (not under) of the transmission (passenger wheel side), i wonder if that's the one...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    "dropping the pan" method yan boss kung walang drain plug. mas matrabaho nga lang. yung nangyari sa akin naman e naloose thread ang drain plug nung change atf ko sana kaso ayaw matanggal at ayaw humigpit. ayun nagleleak. about 1.5 liters atf ang nauubos ko in a week. im planning to drop the pan this weekend kung may oras. my question to anyone here sa forum is: nakabili ako ng threebond 1104 (max temp of application is 150 C), is this the right sealant for the aluminum tranny pan? i have also this "villamois" paper gasket (im not sure of the spelling), is it also advisable to use it aside s 3bond? or better yung silicone rtv? guys? any comments and advice?
    "vellumoid gasket", but id rather use silicon gasket amker...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer5790 View Post
    this is my thought...so where is the atf drain plug? i ve seen a square-notch nut about the size of the 1/2 hatchet wrench drive handle on the side (not under) of the transmission (passenger wheel side), i wonder if that's the one...
    That's the one. I was at Honda SPA yesterday and mechanics there confirmed it.

The problem is finding the proper tool to use to remove it.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    That's the one. I was at Honda SPA yesterday and mechanics there confirmed it.

The problem is finding the proper tool to use to remove it.
    yes sir, you're right. i have located the drain plug and done replacing the atf myself...you can remove the plug with the handle of a 3/8" ratchet wrench (not 1/2"). my city has no removable oil pan. though there's an opening for the torque converter. thanks to all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
97 honda city ATF drain plug