New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hello po. Need help po. My automatic suzuki apv, when i start the engine it starts just fine. But when i shift to D or R or 1 or 2. It’s not working. Parang naka neutral lang all the time. And yun shifter naging madulas sya parang wala ng kinakapitan when shifting. Ano kaya nasira dun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    If you have any idea related to this problem, even other car make snd models. Pls. Share your inputs asap as my apv is stuck inside a basement parking lot

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    every 2 years ang automatic transmission fluid change. have you done this maintenance? if youve failed to do so. mechanical failure usually follows...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kentx View Post
    Hello po. Need help po. My automatic suzuki apv, when i start the engine it starts just fine. But when i shift to D or R or 1 or 2. It’s not working. Parang naka neutral lang all the time. And yun shifter naging madulas sya parang wala ng kinakapitan when shifting. Ano kaya nasira dun?

Sounds like one or both ends of the shifter cable got disengaged

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    Sounds like one or both ends of the shifter cable got disengaged
    Is it possible to manually shift the gear without the cable? Just to have the car move and have it fixed at a shop? Because the car is stuck at a basement parking, towing could be difficult as the parking has low clearance and it has a curve going up. So I need to have it fixed inside the parking or as a remedy, have it somehow engage the level manually to D (Drive) so I can drive it to a shop!

Any thoughts about this? Anyone. Thank you.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Is it possible to manually shift the gear without the cable? Just to have the car move and have it fixed at a shop? Because the car is stuck at a basement parking, towing could be difficult as the parking has low clearance and it has a curve going up. So I need to have it fixed inside the parking or as a remedy, have it somehow engage the level manually to D (Drive) so I can drive it to a shop!

if its allowed in the building why don't you ask first the mechanic if it can be fixed where your car is?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017

This happened to me before, the cable broke, a mechanic did something to place the gear on neutral, then hunched it on to a tow truck, later replaced the cable... Everything back to normal

8. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    every 2 years ang automatic transmission fluid change. have you done this maintenance? if youve failed to do so. mechanical failure usually follows...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Agreed, the most neglected maintenance in my opinion. I have my ATF change every 40t km.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    This happened to me before, the cable broke, a mechanic did something to place the gear on neutral, then hunched it on to a tow truck, later replaced the cable... Everything back to normal
    I'm currently at PARK (P), this is why I can still start my car. My idea is not to put the gear in Neutral (N), but to put it in Drive (D), while the car's ignition is already running in PARK (P) mode. While car in idle, mechanic then manually shift the lever switch (where one end of the cable is attached, hopefully it's accessible without removing lots of parts first) in the transmission case (if it's possible without causing danger to his life- just need to make sure, BRAKE is stepped and Parking Brake is engaged), then the car will be in Drive (D) Mode, hopefully and not in Reverse (R) Mode...

As towing is not an option due to parking lot clearance issues. So I'll try to find a mechanic who has experience with remedying broken cables.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I'm currently at PARK (P), this is why I can still start my car. My idea is not to put the gear in Neutral (N), but to put it in Drive (D), while the car's ignition is already running in PARK (P) mode. While car in idle, mechanic then manually shift the lever switch (where one end of the cable is attached, hopefully it's accessible without removing lots of parts first) in the transmission case (if it's possible without causing danger to his life- just need to make sure, BRAKE is stepped and Parking Brake is engaged), then the car will be in Drive (D) Mode, hopefully and not in Reverse (R) Mode...

As towing is not an option due to parking lot clearance issues. So I'll try to find a mechanic who has experience with remedying broken cables.
    same thing happened to my toyota altis, cable got loose from the shifter. what i did is to set the transmission selector to park then start the engine. then manually move the selector to drive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast