New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Mga Sir & Madame,

Ask ko lang kung ano ang difference between these two tranny's. The Ford Everest 2.5L Turbo Diesel has 5 Speed A/T with Overdrive. Meanwhile the new Mitsu Montero Sport 3.2L Turbo Diesel has an INVECS-II 4 Speed A/T with Sportronic mode.

Ang habol ko is good / reasonable fuel economy for both city & highway driving. Importante din sa akin a good performance sa highway (ie. high-speed overtaking) and good performance sa uphill climb & downhill driving.

Added info:

Ford Everest: 143 ps/3,500 rpm. Gross Vehicle Weight is 2,612 kgs
    Montero Sport: 163 ps/3,500 rpm. Gross Vehicle Weight is 2,710 kgs

I value all of your inputs. Thanks in advance!!!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Thank you for posting this question sir. Gusto ko din malaman sagot ng mga guru!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have you ever wondered why a 1.3 honda city with a 7 speed cvt a/t tranny can outclimb a 1.6 sedan with a 4 speed a/t tranny? it's because even though the 1.3 has lower horsepower it matches the gears better with the engine output because it has more gears to play with. so on the 2 vehicles in question (everest vs montero sport) forget about the horsepower since these come in only at top engine speed (when was the last time you red-lined an engine anyway). i'd go for the one with more gears.

as for invecs II, it's all hype. if you can shift between D-L1-L2-L3 on a conventional a/t then that is as good as shifting it from + and - on the invecs.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mods, since the question is about the a/t functions of Montero Sport and Everest pwede siguro i-merged na lang dito.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...VEREST+MONTERO

thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Cute Kids Yebo! ( seen in the avatar)

Thanks sa inputs mo! So with more gears to play with being a 5 speed A/T, does the Everest have the edge over Montero Sport with it's invecs-II which is in essence, still a 4-speed A/T (w/ 1 less gear to shift to?) Thanks in advance!

5 Speed A/T w/ O/D vs. INVECS-II 4-Speed A/T