New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Recently having problems sa AT ng CRV. From stop to 1st gear it looks like something is slipping.

It doesn't occur always but it annoys me. The slip looks like the transmission is not being put to gear at once....

Anyone experienced this? I had shell ATF put in the last time...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    OMG.

please have the tranny drained and put some Honda ATF Z1 in it. please do this as quickly as possible.

never put any other oil other than Honda's own ATF. this sounds stupid, i know, but i have heard of many, many, many horror stories of people putting "better" quality oils like mobil sythetic ATF and winding up with broken transmissions.

i read somewhere that honda utilizes a different transmission design than the other manufacturers. which is why only honda fluid is specced for honda a/t. as for the rest, like engine oil, brakes, coolant...you can use any fluid you like.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    OMG.

please have the tranny drained and put some Honda ATF Z1 in it. please do this as quickly as possible.

never put any other oil other than Honda's own ATF. this sounds stupid, i know, but i have heard of many, many, many horror stories of people putting "better" quality oils like mobil sythetic ATF and winding up with broken transmissions.

i read somewhere that honda utilizes a different transmission design than the other manufacturers. which is why only honda fluid is specced for honda a/t. as for the rest, like engine oil, brakes, coolant...you can use any fluid you like.
    I concur with using ATF-Z1 exclusively. In fact, I'd go all the way and use all-Honda fluids in my car. It's relatively cheap, designed by Honda, for Hondas.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Correcting my previous statement. The shell oil was used for the engine and not the ATF so the ATF still has the original honda fluid. Its still healthy pink upon checking and the level is just about right.

I'm thinking it could be the AT computer at fault hunting gears?

Anyway its now with honda pasig being checked out.

2003 crv at