New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    my mechanic brought down the A/T tranny of my flooded 09' altis for flushing. after putting it back, i started the car but couldn't shift it into drive.what could be the cause of this?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    It could be the shift interlock circuit problem .ask yuor mech to get a shift interlock circuit diagram and go from there .

Or check the fuse

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    is the shift interlock circuit located under the a/t shift console?(not sure if that's what you call it)+1 on the fuse, my fuse block is malfunctioning so that could be the problem as well.thanks sir bambino!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Simply put, the brake pedal switch (when you step on the brakes) powers up a solenoid near the shift lever, which in turn releases the lock, allowing you to shift it out of Park. Do your brake lights work? Do you hear a "click" or "jug" near the shift lever whenever you step on the brakes?

Since the car was flooded, the solenoid may be stuck in the locked position. Try to check if there's 12V DC going to the solenoid when you step on the brakes and go from there.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Double post
    Last edited by oj88; February 2nd, 2010 at 01:55 PM.

09' altis transmission problem..