The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ;)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thank you all guys.... I really appreciate it! :D

Well, so far so good! Now I know that i really have to drop smoking (kahit gimmicks lang), eat less sugar(actually a lot), work less(oh yeah), and start to exercise.

Shet talaga mga pare.... nakakatakot! I've never really been afraid of anything my whole life and I was really brought down to earth by this experience. Here's the whole story...

My dad actually just went though his routine check-up last tuesday.... then he failed the stress test (whatever that is). So, my Dad told me, that could only mean that there were bloackages in some of his heart's veins.

The next day i checked him in. An angiogram was performed. I looked up the term (in the wrong place, i might add) over the internet, and found out that it was a blood vessel xray....I didnt know that the procedure involved putting a frickin tube in a leg ang making it go through the veins and arteries and injecting radioactive dye into his heart or somewhere near it, and just then taking the xray!!!

5 blockages were found. I read the "All You Need to Know About Heart Bypasses" kit at the hospital, and it all seemed so simple. The problem with my dad is that he's such a stubborn ox just like me. He never complains about anything (he was suffering from angina already),never listens to doctors and is too strong. After his angiogram, he went to the CR all by himself.... the docs scolded him "sir papatay sa inyo hindi yung puso ninyo, kung hindi yung lakas ninyo"

Well, To cut a long story short, the 6 hour operation went on without a hitch. Thanks to all of you guys! To everyone's surprise, the patient was conscious 20 minutes after the operation (i think its a Philippine record hehe ) sana lang walang complications or infections. The bypass veins (as usual), were taken from his leg and neck area. To think triple bypasses were a big deal nung bata ako...

I was informed by my Uncle(who's the head of Urology at St. Lukes), that the team which operated on my dad, was one of the Philippines' very best and that bypasses are common nowadays. But even with this info, things are really scary. Haaay, you just cant take anything for granted nowadays.....

One thing that shocked me is the price.... P750K. :shock:

Grabe no?! Now i know why people save up! Before i had this cavalier attitute about saving money...... "Aanhin ko pera pag matanda na ako"..... oh goodness.... now i know!

Before I ramble on, i'd better take some ZZZZZZ's

Again, In behalf of my family, thanks to all of you people! Even if we barely see each other, or even have not met, Im happy to know that my cyberfriends are here for me (sniff, sniff)

I guess this is really goodbye Gen3! waaaaaah! j/k
    Last edited by pajerokid; November 30th, 2003 at 10:53 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pk, i'm very glad to hear your dad is gonna be ok.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Thanks God for the successful Operation, Prayers move mountain... Your Dad will be back on shape within no time.

Dude PK, ako naman on & off Smoking habit ko, lalo na kung stress and homsick ako, 1 pack of cigarette lasts for a week naman, i started again with my smoking habit last April. " Ako din QUIT ko na nga rin starting today, no more butts....Tama ka utoy, stay healthy at all times... " BAWAL na ngayon ang magkasakit ika nga "

Whew, 750 K, grabe!!!

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I'm glad he's ok now, good health for ur family!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my prayers....hoping for his speedy recovery...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks again guys, nagkwekwentuhan na kami kanina, ang hina ng boses nya but he'll be back in shape in no time. he'll be out of the ICU in 12hrs.

eyescube, pare I'm never gonna touch a cigarette for as long as i live If i may ask, how old are you? If youre below the mid 20's smoking is still okay. Just make sure you dont escalate the habit and make a realistic target of when to quit.

Mahirap din kasi walang bisyo pag bata pa, kesa maghahabol ka ng bisyo pag matanda na ;) There was a time when i smoked 2 packs a day, back when i was with the Darts team in College.

Buti na lang i kicked the habit. But i smoke occasionally in Parties and other social gatherings..... but not anymore

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess I better start saving for my operation when that time comes...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    PK,

though i only know you here in tsikot..all the tips, tricks & laughs we shared helped me a lot..rest assured i will personally pray for the recovery of your dad. god bless!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or better yet, QUIT SMOKING Pare ;)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Prayers offered for a successful and speedy recovery