New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I believe I've been warned before both by people around me and by my self. I used to shun some of my mates who's so attached with their "other woman". I remember the days when I was still spending alot of time with my "old man", whom I first met 23 years ago and learned to go places with 20years ago...looking back, it still amuses me to ponder on this.

My mates (and most strangers, for that matter) would really dress their "other women" up. Making her change her look something which she wasn't, like making her look athletic or sporty when in fact she wasn't. Dolling her up just so they'd break on-lookers' necks while they parade with her. Or letting her be loud when sometimes she sounds like an irritating empty can filled with a couple of pebbles being rattled or shaken. I have to admit though, some of these alterations were awesome but some were just plain appalling.

My old man on the contrary though was much like how the vernacular meaning of "cowboy" is. Rugged, simple but can perform to my expectations. Up to now I could still vouch for his reliability like scaling highland cities like Baguio or accompanying me where I want to go. All these without having to worry how he'd cope with these journeys. We couldn't care less whether the journey a head would be a smooth one or a very rough one.

Now, it looks as though time has finally caught up with my old man and signs are showing that I ought to face the reality that someday I'll have to part with him. Some day I won't be able to go places with him anymore. So I took it to myself to find a new companion. My own "other woman". It might sound cruel to some but let's face it.

(Almost) Everybody cares for them selves before caring for others. Don't you?Now looks like the warnings I've been telling myself before regarding other women fell on deaf ears. My own ears. I was warned that these other women are more expensive to maintain so to speak. Once you've started your fascination with them, your doomed. Your doomed to dig deeper into your already small pocket just to doll her up and so on.

Although I had been telling my self that if I had to replace my old man, I'll look for a bigger man. One who wouldn't complain if I wanted to go convene with nature and roughing it out. At the same time one who'll accompany me through city life. Like my old man. Only bigger, fresher and more powerful. I had been telling my self these other women can't possibly do all these for me. I'll just end up in her company within the city. And she might complain alot when the road ahead is rough.

But I fell for another woman. At first, there I was again, telling myself new things, new warnings. Don't succumb to her vanities. Don't let her sing or be loud. Don't bathe her with all the available adornment known to man. And so many more don'ts. In short, teach her to live a frugal life. A life revolving around my "function over form" principle.

It saddens me to admit though, it has definitely dawned unto me that I am slowly being lured in to the temptations of yielding and letting all these warnings fall on deaf ears again. To succumb to a decadent lifestyle. A lifestyle which knows no bounds for after giving into one temptation, you are bound to find a new temptation knocking at your doorsteps. Temptations which could probably be the same as the one previously but only newer to keep up with the trend or fashion. Temptations to doll her up and giving her all the ornaments and adornments you'll run into.

Specially now where 24hours isn't even enough to actually find and digest every information found in the nearest parallel universe to ours, the internet. And yet I can't even seem to find a way to atleast make my old man's remaining years in this world be better for him.

Before I learned to socialize with other people over the internet sharing the same passion for our other women, I was confident I could comply with my new rules for my other woman. Now it is imminent. I have no conviction. I have fallen to the dark side. Right now, I've been losing sleep, spending more time over the internet than I should, thinking and scheming. Worst of all, juggling my finances so that the budget leans more towards surrendering to all the temptations for my other woman. All for things to adorn my new love, Diana, with. I guess her name is appropriate. Roman Goddess of the Moon. And now I'm treating her like a goddess...

Acquiring all the available options, audio setups, alooking at mods, thinking of detailing her, among others. All these when there are still other things that need financial attention. When she could make do without most of them and still be able to take me from A to B. Not to mention the cost of maintaining her.

I'm sinking deep...too fast...I think it's futile to resist the fall into the dark, bottomless pit...help...me...sorry old man, "Burong Mobile"...

wala lang...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gods... I must be a complete man-whore, then... ...(sing with me: to all the girls... erh... cars I've loved... before...)

Misleading, ironic, funny, sad... kawawa naman si daddy "Burong"...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Help, I've Fallen