New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    I just purchased a Monty Non-VGT a week ago. Wala pa sa akin ang unit and I'm already having an increased sense of anxiety and guilt! When I was considering the car I was so elated and convinced na kailangan ko na talagang bumili ng bago since my Fieldmaster is already 13 years old. But now, I'm feeling very bad about my decision since my FM is in fairly good condition with 60km mileage pa lang. Have you experienced this kind of feeling? I think I need to see a shrink!

Mods: Sorry, I think I posted this in the wrong section. Pakilipat na lang..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganyan talaga yan....
    its the case of why i need it and bought it syndrome.
    malaki na ba maintenance cost mo dun sa FM mo? kung mataas na maintenance cost, ok lang yun.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kind of strange you're experiencing buyer's remorse since you are getting what is arguably a better (and newer) vehicle.

It makes sense to have buyer's remorse in this case if: (i) you were pressured to buy the Monty over what you really wanted (so you really didn't make an informed decision); (ii) the price you paid for it was higher than what you wanted or, you are over budget; (iii) the Monty turns out to be a lemon; or (iv) your brand new Monty got stolen or was totaled.

If you really don't want the new one and you can still back out of the deal (meaning you haven't paid in full or haven't taken out a loan), then do so. If you're lucky, you'll just forfeit the reservation fee or part of your DP. Otherwise, tough luck and you may have to sell either your FM or the Monty.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Kung hindi ka talaga convinced (and money is a huge concern),- isauli mo na lang bro.,- and get minimum exposure only.

I am certain,- may kukuha ng unit mong Montero.... They will find a customer....

19.8K:sailor:

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sell the fieldmaster...para no choice ka na

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sell it to me on reasonable price para mawala na yang problema mo

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Benta mo FM mo sakin. Basta hindi converted yan ah

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    As others have said, the Montero is arguably a better vehicle. While the Fieldmaster is nice for an old truck, it's still an old truck, with all the problems of one.

Even with just 60k, you'll have faded tint, baked rubber trim and suspension bushings, degraded plastics from all those years in the sun, etcetera.

With the Monty, you get a fresh start.

-

Or you could cancel the purchase and buy ****.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    Benta mo FM mo sakin. Basta hindi converted yan ah
    I thought the same

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by garci View Post
    I just purchased a Monty Non-VGT a week ago. Wala pa sa akin ang unit and I'm already having an increased sense of anxiety and guilt! When I was considering the car I was so elated and convinced na kailangan ko na talagang bumili ng bago since my Fieldmaster is already 13 years old. But now, I'm feeling very bad about my decision since my FM is in fairly good condition with 60km mileage pa lang. Have you experienced this kind of feeling? I think I need to see a shrink!

Mods: Sorry, I think I posted this in the wrong section. Pakilipat na lang..

Benta mo Monty sa akin.