New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Banned for life: Gay men still can’t donate blood

FDA wants to prevent HIV spread; Red Cross, others say it’s ‘unwarranted’

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18827137/

I believe that a screening for the blood be introduce first before banning a person for donating blood.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Vroom-Vroom View Post
    Banned for life: Gay men still can’t donate blood

FDA wants to prevent HIV spread; Red Cross, others say it’s ‘unwarranted’

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18827137/

Dugong Bading kasi :gayfight:

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sa history kasi ng AIDS, only gaymen had the AIDS epidemic. nadale lang mga mother and child then newborn when they donated to the blood bank.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    bllod donors are screen, ive seen gays donate blood ok naman, the blood must be properly screen before it be transfuse

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Umm... I think that's just ok... ***ually active homo/bi***uals are still considered a high risk group due to their unhealthy ***ual lifestyle.

By the way, we should be specific that not all gays are banned from donating blood since not all of them had *** with other men.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's freaking stupid, is what it is.

Anyone who’s used intravenous drugs or been paid for *** also is permanently barred from donating blood.
    It's all highly discriminatory. And highly unscientific... you're asked if you've had *** with men or if you have been paid for ***... if you answer "no", you can give blood? What if I'm a gay prostitute and I actually... gasp... lie?

What I've never been paid for *** but have paid for ***? That automatically makes me high risk! I should be banned for life!

If being paid for *** makes you unfit to give blood... then paying for it, should, too... which would eliminate 80% of the red-blooded male population of the United States... :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    bakit? Kasi berde ang dugo na dumadaloy sa kanilang ugat, :D

Anyway kidding aside, it's not right, it's outright discriminatory...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    As far as I know, according to WHO philippines, majority of HIV positive Filipinos are OFW's and not gays. Of course I don't know their ***ual orientation but I guess OFW's especially seamen are high risk individuals, and that includes men and women. Jumping ships as they say.

Baka magalit si Remoto sa atin at idemanda tayo. Hehehe

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaztro View Post
    As far as I know, according to WHO philippines, majority of HIV positive Filipinos are OFW's and not gays. Of course I don't know their ***ual orientation but I guess OFW's especially seamen are high risk individuals, and that includes men and women. Jumping ships as they say.

Baka magalit si Remoto sa atin at idemanda tayo. Hehehe
    totoo yan 'pre, "especially seamen" noong araw ayaw gumamit ng medyas, pero ngayon matalino na,, may flavor na ang gamit, hehehe, j/k lang..tiyaga na lang sa mariang palad dahil mababa ang dolyar at bawal na ang mga AB (akyat barko) na mga tsiks dahil sa ISPS,,

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    At mahal pang mag-motel sa US?

Hmmm... uso ang "Floating Restaurants" sa China... paano kayo kung may magtayo ng "Floating (alam-mo-na)" sa Singapore? Kikita kaya ng malaki?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Gays banned for donating blood