New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Hi,

I was recently given a ticket for 'Yellow Lane Ordinance' sa EDSA-Guadalupe Bridge, southbound area. The problem is, ang gulo ng yellow lane dun. Kasi diba the bridge has 4 lanes, then may island in the middle of the two, dun sa left side nung island, may yellow and white line in between the two lanes. The traffic enforcer said, bus lane daw yung nasa left ng yellow lane. This means, private cars can't go on the right side of the island. This is what got me confused. kasi alam ko, yellow lane, yung nasa right. Shouldn't they just paint the island yellow? Sobrang misleading kasi ung road paint Please advise

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Yep madaming nahuhuli dyan. If you're not turning right (I think may maliit na eskenita pababa ng tulay dun), huhulihin ka talaga. Medyo nakakalito nga, ganyan din sa may EDSA corner Ayala ave southbound lane. Nadali narin ako dati pero sanayan lang talaga. Bad trip pero ganyan talaga ang buhay.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Yup... the island serves as a separator between buses and private vehicles. When going towards Makati (southbound), the lanes to the right of the island are for buses. The only exception is for vehicles needing to go down the Guadalupe bridge going to JP Rizal.

The thing though is that sometimes, private vehicles bound for the Ayala direction are ignored when passing through the said bus lane. I've seen this many times because my daily route is to go down to JP Rizal every morning. The enforcers seem to lack consistency since there are days when they apprehend private vehicles passing through, yet ignore similar vehicles on other days.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    i noticed na na-move na yung yellow lane dyan. yung mukang service road (right part) nasa gitna na yung yellow lane (before yung yellow lane is aligned sa island). which means dapat pwede na dumaan dyan.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    pag pinara ka.. sabihin mo pupunta ka sa manila memorial ba yun.. yung funenaria don.. always works for me..

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    If you are turning right. I think you can only cross the yellow line pag broken yellow line lang. pag tumawid ka sa solid, huli. I am not sure kung lahat ng intersection ay mayroon broken yellow line.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    makukulit kasi yang mga MMDA dyan.. pag rush hour.. pinapayagan nilang daanan nang private vehicles yang right side.. so pakiramdaman na lang muna.. bago mag cross nang tulay kita naman kung may pinapadaan sila.. pero pag una ka.. dont try your luck.. huhulihin ka talaga nila..

hindi din uubra yung pag nakita mong haharangin ka nila.. bigla ka kakanan papuntang rockwell.. kasi huhulihin ka din nila.. swerving naman ang kaso.. sabihin nila.. kung kakanan ka.. dapat nung una pa lang nasa kanan ka na..

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can ask them about the 30 second rule. You're allowed to use the yellow lane if you're about to turn right naman.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I think the 2 lanes to the right of the island are for PUBs or vehicles turning right to J.P. Rizal only. If you're on the 2nd to the right lane and went straight, you will be apprehended. But there are exceptions, like if the traffic is slow moving, or if you're going to Loyola Memorial Park.
    Last edited by jeDi13; March 1st, 2010 at 11:38 AM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by wakin View Post
    i noticed na na-move na yung yellow lane dyan. yung mukang service road (right part) nasa gitna na yung yellow lane (before yung yellow lane is aligned sa island). which means dapat pwede na dumaan dyan.
    agree with you wakin...mali kasi yung paint e..i tried that reason, pero hindi pa rin daw...dapat pinaint nila yung buong island. another thing pa yung inconsistent sila kasi there are times parang may hinuhuli nga, minsan private cars just pass by parang wala lang, di mo sure kung nangt-trip lang e.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Yellow Lane in EDSA Guadalupe?