New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hi guys,

Me and bro are thinking of simulating roadside emergency drill like tire replacement, towing (we will be bringing 2 cars), etc. Honestly any of these never happened to us yet and if it does at some point, I think we have a lot of figuring out to do on the spot. So we thought we better be prepared for these eventualiities.

Where is the best place to do this? If we do this along SLEX in one of the emergency road shoulder towards Lagina, will we be attracting any of the SLEX patrol? Will we be ticketed for this?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS View Post
    Hi guys,

Me and bro are thinking of simulating roadside emergency drill like tire replacement, towing (we will be bringing 2 cars), etc. Honestly any of these never happened to us yet and if it does at some point, I think we have a lot of figuring out to do on the spot. So we thought we better be prepared for these eventualiities.

Where is the best place to do this? If we do this along SLEX in one of the emergency road shoulder towards Lagina, will we be attracting any of the SLEX patrol? Will we be ticketed for this?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks

Need pa ba lumayo,pwede no din gawin yan kahit sa gilid lang ng kalye.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    do it sa street na hindi busy or better yet, sa loob ng village. jacking and tire removal methods will be the same regardless of where you do you exercise.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on the situation.

If you get a flat tire on a well lighted and busy road (i.e. NLEX/SLEX) then you can just go over to the emergency lane or bay. As long as you are properly parked on the side and out of harms way, the patrol officers will even help you out in changing your tire as their objective is to get you out of harms way at the soonest time possible.

On EDSA, go to those emergency bays on the center island (under the MRT tracks usually) or at least to a gas station or roadside establishment parking. AFAIK you will be towed immediately as traffic is easily stalled when there's a disabled vehicle as EDSA has no shoulder lane. The same applies with C5.

If you get a flat in what you deem to be a risky area, it's better to limp your car to a safe place.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Depends on the situation.

If you get a flat tire on a well lighted and busy road (i.e. NLEX/SLEX) then you can just go over to the emergency lane or bay. As long as you are properly parked on the side and out of harms way, the patrol officers will even help you out in changing your tire as their objective is to get you out of harms way at the soonest time possible.

On EDSA, go to those emergency bays on the center island (under the MRT tracks usually) or at least to a gas station or roadside establishment parking. AFAIK you will be towed immediately as traffic is easily stalled when there's a disabled vehicle as EDSA has no shoulder lane. The same applies with C5.

If you get a flat in what you deem to be a risky area, it's better to limp your car to a safe place.
    also, don't forget your EWDs. di ba violation pag di ka naglagay ng EWDs during road side emergencies?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by xwangbu View Post
    also, don't forget your EWDs. di ba violation pag di ka naglagay ng EWDs during road side emergencies?
    and know how to use it.

may nakita akong nasiraan sa slex. may ewd nga. nilagay naman na dikit na dikit sa kotse nya. saan na ang early warning?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^buti nga meron pa eh...mga jeep branch Lang ng puno na puputulin nila Sa gikid ng kalsada or yun foam ng uluan nila

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by xwangbu View Post
    OT: How far should you place an EWD from your vehicle? is it different on a city road than on expressways?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbdrive View Post
    OT: How far should you place an EWD from your vehicle? is it different on a city road than on expressways?
    at least 4 meters away from the vehicle. kung sa expressway, medyo ilalayo ko pa ng konti para makita talaga.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by robot.sonic View Post
    at least 4 meters away from the vehicle. kung sa expressway, medyo ilalayo ko pa ng konti para makita talaga.
    at least 4 meters each sa front (yellow EWD) and rear (Red).