New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I didn't realize it until I passed him about 20 meters. I felt like going to the toilet so I did not bother stopping.

I was not doing anything wrong at all so up to now I am wondering what could it be.

Possibilities:

1. I was driving at the left most lane (because I intend to take the flyover over Ortigas). There are many U-Turn slots there. But it is a sunday and no traffic at all. So is it a violation to take the left most lane?

2. My car is full tinted including front, very dark tint. Is this illegal?

What do you guys think why he tried to stop me?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    As usual sir, pang-merienda. Bawal talaga yung superdark tint sa harap pero very unlikely na yun ang gamiting "pangongotong" nung TE sayo.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bwiseat View Post
    As usual sir, pang-merienda. Bawal talaga yung superdark tint sa harap pero very unlikely na yun ang gamiting "pangongotong" nung TE sayo.
    Hi,

Is dark tint on front windshield really illegal?

Can you point me to the traffic rule that says about it?

Because if so, then I will definitwely take it off and replace with something lighter.

I see many vehicles with very dark full tints. Sa parking lang ng condo namin, marami eh.

And besides, I would have expected Toyota to have warned me about it when I asked them to install it.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Dami ko nakikitang mga pinaparang car diyan sa may area na yan. Usually mga light trucks at vans nakikita ko.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I actually didn't know its illegal until my SA at Ford asked mw what tint I wanted I said dark all over. He told me not to have dark on the front kasi illegal daw yun. Ako naman really? O sige the darkest that is legal then!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Dami ko nakikitang mga pinaparang car diyan sa may area na yan. Usually mga light trucks at vans nakikita ko.
    Yes, there was a small truck stopped just 2 cars ahead of me.

I didn't notice but I doubt if the truck has very dark tint.

It is probably being at the left most lane that obstructs the U-turn slot. But it is 9 am in the morning on a Sunday, there was absolutely no traffic.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I actually didn't know its illegal until my SA at Ford asked mw what tint I wanted I said dark all over. He told me not to have dark on the front kasi illegal daw yun. Ako naman really? O sige the darkest that is legal then!
    Did your SA say as to why is it illegal?

Where can I find this rule?

I do not have problem following the law - if that is really the law..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    may mga nag-aabang talaga dyan sa u-turn slot na yan. dapat pag nasa left most lane ka, mag-uturn ka. otherwise, pagdating mo palang ng jollibee, magswitch ka na ng lane towards the right para di ka mahuli. kahit anong araw merong nanghuhuli dyan.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kerf View Post
    may mga nag-aabang talaga dyan sa u-turn slot na yan. dapat pag nasa left most lane ka, mag-uturn ka. otherwise, pagdating mo palang ng jollibee, magswitch ka na ng lane towards the right para di ka mahuli. kahit anong araw merong nanghuhuli dyan.
    Yung nag wave sa akin, kulay violet yung uniform (with white belts). And they are in a group of about 5 or 6 standing in the middle of the road.

I was thinking they are from some kind of special task force.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    punta ka sa LTO web site http://www.lto.gov.ph/fines_and_pena...px#v_others_TV
    under sa fines and penalties
    50. Unauthorized installation of jalosies, painted windshield or colored windshield - to be imposed upon the owner/driver 600

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Waved by a traffic enforcer along C5 Libis southbound