New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    From Ramon Tulfo's column today (23/01/11)
    Members of the Highway Patrol Group in Central Luzon inspected Thursday stores selling used suspected stolen vehicle parts and engines at Barangay Capalangan in Apalit, Pampanga.

They were hoping to find leads to the murders of Lozano, Evangelista and Sensil.

B***s**t !

They know that Barangay Capalangan is the dumping ground of stolen vehicle parts and engines, and yet they have looked the other way for far too long.

A river in the barangay is where stolen cars are submerged for days before they’re fished out by a crane to be cannibalized.

My source said the Highway Patrol Group knows about the practice, but has turned a blind eye.

Why? Because Capalangan is a source of bribe money to some members of the Highway Patrol

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    With all the raging news about carnapping, carjacking combined with murder....alam naman natin na yun mga carnapped vehicles especially those latest models ay ginagawang chop chop parts & more often than not....dun sa Brgy. Capalangan ito bumabagsak
    Sana naman po ay wag natin tangkilikin ang mga pyesang nakaw...kasi po ay lalong lumalago ang illegal business nila...para na rin po sa mga biktima ng carnapping at carjacking..

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Sad to say, we live here in the Philippines where "violations" are easily corrected by bribes and red tape in the bureaucracy.

Chop-chop parts are marketable here because the prices of car parts are so expensive that the second hand parts are being sought by consumers and traders profit more than double from what I learned.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Never did. Never will.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Mukhang number one supplier nila dito ay ang Dominguez Group!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mga tao kasi gusto mag kotse pero ayaw gumastos

pag may pisea papalitan maghahanap ng mura

where there's demand, somebody will supply

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    ^i agree with uls.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Never did. Never will.
    Same here.

So far the surplus parts I've bought were from fellow car club owners (usually Japan surplus goodies) and one instance from a cannibalized Ondoy unit (for my headlight).

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I can say na not all of those shops in Capalangan sells puro nakaw or ilegal ang pinanggalingan ng mga tinda. Actually ang sistema dun is they bid parts/cars declared total loss sa mga insurance company. Some cars are built back to shape then they sell it again, parts are repaired/refurbished gaya ng pinto, bumpers, panels etc.. yun nga lang kahit saan naman may halang ang bituka, may mga dinadala nga dun para katayin.. one time a relative told me na may dinala na montero dun, yung handler asking for 100k you can get all the parts na makukuha mo from that montero..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    I can say na not all of those shops in Capalangan sells puro nakaw or ilegal ang pinanggalingan ng mga tinda. Actually ang sistema dun is they bid parts/cars declared total loss sa mga insurance company. Some cars are built back to shape then they sell it again, parts are repaired/refurbished gaya ng pinto, bumpers, panels etc.. yun nga lang kahit saan naman may halang ang bituka, may mga dinadala nga dun para katayin.. one time a relative told me na may dinala na montero dun, yung handler asking for 100k you can get all the parts na makukuha mo from that montero..
    I've seen these. When our car was being repaired in a insurance shop in Angeles City, there was a wrecked Vios which was bought by one of the Capalagan shops and was going to be repaired then resold. Scary thing was the driver of the wrecked car died.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Walk the Talk! Will you still buy car parts sa Brgy. Capalangan in Apalit?