New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    a friend of mine told me that he's read from people's journal july14 regarding the issuance of vanity plates

10T any number/letter minimum of 3 and maximum of 6
    characters

15T 3 numbers and 3 letters (instead of the usual 3 letters and
    3 numbers)

50T 6 numbers

i tried to secure a copy of the paper from a newstand pero wala na daw, wala naman sa ibang major dailies.

totoo ba na naaprubahan na ito?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    alam ko pinatigil na nila ito to hasten the issuance of license plates. 3 days max ba ang promise ng LTO?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ssaloon, you're referring to special plates by request. 109 is referring to a supposedly new ordinace or directive from LTO about new kinds of plate numbers to be released at a cost. i remember meron thread dito about a new vanity plate that stays with you forever even if you sell your car. i don't know kung ito nga yung nasa news na nabasa ng friend ni 109
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Magandang idea yan. Kaya lang, sino kaya ang magche-check na hindi puwede ang mga bastos na set of letters and numbers?

Mamaya may mga kung anu-ano. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes!

approved na ito, saw the news ticker at ABS-CBN... a breakfast ago

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    anu yan plate na talaga oh un parang comemorative plate?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    plate talaga, walang expiration.
    sa likod lang kinakabit, pwede ilipat sa ibang vehicles, basta same owner.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    here's the complete news detail....

LTO to earn P3.5 billion from vanity license plates

By LENIE LECTURA
    TODAY Reporter

The Land Transportation Office (LTO) said it would rake in some P3.5 billion in revenues from the applications for vanity license plates (VLP) it will process starting August 1.

The LTO has just issued the implementing rules and regulations (IRR) governing the use of such plates, which has once become controversial because many motorists had used it to evade traffic laws.

Under the 12-page IRR, owners of cars, sports utility vehicles, vintage and collectors item vehicles, Asian utility vehicles and sports pickups are eligible to apply for VLP.

Public utility vehicles, cargo trucks, service vehicles such as those being used in hotels, car rentals, ambulance, funeral hearse and tourist vehicles, government vehicles and diplomatic cars are not allowed to get vanity plates.

“It is prohibited to transfer the vanity license plate to other motor vehicle not authorized by LTO and shall be considered as illegal transfer subject to confiscation and payment of fines,” the IRR stated.

Car owners have the option to avail themselves of the limited edition, premium or select.

Limited edition VLP, which costs P50,000, shall be acquired through public auction process, either manually or electronically. Owners desiring to procure VLP under this category must select from predetermined character combinations listed in the VLP catalog. Owners of limited edition VLP have the right to choose and “lock out” certain license plate combinations. This means that no other vehicle owner can choose the same combination again.

Purchase of “premium” category VLP shall be based on a fixed price scheme, amounting to P15,000 for each plate.

Premium VLP can bear the motorist’s chosen three-letter and three-number alphanumeric combination. For example, a car owner can opt to have his license plate contain the combination JOM 888 instead of settling for the regular plate that the LTO issues.

The select edition VLP, which costs P10,000, can bear the motorist’s name, some common words that are no shorter than four characters and no longer than six characters, or any other alphanumeric combination that can be found in the LTO’s catalog of pre-determined combinations.

VLP has no expiration date unless cancelled by LTO. This should be used with regular license plates and should be placed at the rear portion of the vehicle, superimposed or on top of the regular plate.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Ang mahal naman... Puwede kaya space?

Tulad ng:

EAT ME
    W8 4ME

Unahan na lang sa mga:

2HOT4U
    2CUL4U
    HOTVWS
    HOTBUG
    FASTVW
    BADBOY

Puwede kaya:

BOYTOY
    TADOKA
    GAGOKA
    PANGET

:D

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    hehe.

cgurado me mag-uunahan jan sa
    4X4
    RAV4
    ESCAPE
    BMW316
    BMW318
    BMW325
    CRV
    CRV4x4
    S40
    PATROL
    XTRAIL
    Last edited by 109; July 21st, 2004 at 01:13 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Vanity Plates