New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    UST has even less parking than Ateneo. But for all the years I have been here. No one has been run over and killed.

Or is it because we have a fully equipped hospital on-site? :lol:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    double posts
    Last edited by ab_initio; February 26th, 2009 at 05:05 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It's a known fact for YEARS that Ateneo campus has not enough parking for it's needs.

Just ask any student or even visitors who have tried parking in the entire campus.
    if you can establish the nexus and substantiate it...well maybe...these are all factual issues that you need to lay. remember past events can't be easily put on judicial notice...depends on your theory.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    UST has even less parking than Ateneo. But for all the years I have been here. No one has been run over and killed.

Maybe its because there is no driveway between the parking area and the buildings where hundreds of people have to cross every school day between vehicles moving on the drive way.

Ateneo driveway acts like a dividing line between the buildings and parking areas.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post

i believe Sir that even if UST has a fully equipped hospital, those incidents arising from one's negligence, like the hapless ten year old boy, who's been dead even before he was brought to the hospital...-what else could bring him back to life? --would still claim his life.
    Last edited by ab_initio; February 26th, 2009 at 05:16 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    establish first whether the lack or inadequacy of parking space contributed to the accident...otherwise, the school can't be liable. or have a different theory and that is, the connection shall not point out directly to the alleged reckless mom who accidentally stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake...but when we take the news story hook line and sinker, it's reckless imprudence resulting to homicide and serious physical injuries...along this line, we can't ask the school to participate in the aspect of damages...maybe insurance claims, which is a part and parcel of school's "matriculation" paid during enrollment.

CTPL insurance which is compulsary for business permits. How much ang coverage for accidental deaths?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    ^^^ 50k ang minimum for CTPL for motor vehicles. Pero since accidental death, doble ang coverage.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    CTPL insurance which is compulsary for business permits. How much ang coverage for accidental deaths?
    it varies po, Sir. depende kung ano kinuha ng Ateneo.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    I saw the news coverage of this and until now I'm still a bit disturbed on what happened.

Some eyewitnesses said that the kid's last word was shouting "Kuya!" (referring to their driver) before his face was run over by the van's tire.

I also saw the image of the hotdog sandwhich that he was holding before the accident. It made me mad at the 'killer mommy'.

Today I became strict with our own driver and yaya to my only daughter; instructed them to be extra careful when taking and fetching her to school. I feel really worried now than ever for the safety of my kid.
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; February 26th, 2009 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BongRev View Post
    Also, its almost the same scenario to that Pajero A/T accident, mga student na magkabarkada and un isang girl (dad nya may ari ng Pajero) ay naiipit sa ilalim kasi natapakan ng friend (guy) un accelerator thinking wala un girl sa harap ng Pajero.....SUVic din yata un Pajero...tsk, tsk!!!
    masyadong descriminative yang post mo.. so what if its a subic converted! sasakyan lang yan! hello! vehicles are a tool! incapable of logical judgement.

pero condolence sa namatayan. pero un nga, accidents do happend.. pero dapat lahat nalang maging cautious.. kasi kahit anong ingat mo sa road, kung di maingat kasama mo, sorry victim ka din.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Van kills 10-year-old boy inside Ateneo campus