New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my take is...

sabi e she was following the car in front, so she was not parked. her van was moving following the car in front. they might have stopped for a moment, then tumawid yung bata saka yaya in front of the van, and she probably was in the middle of taking her foot off the brake pedal and moving forward and her intention was to brake again seeing the yaya and the kid. but instead of stepping on the brake she accidentaly stepped on the gas instead. kaya madiin ang apak nya kasi her intention was to step on the brake fast.

ang unang mali nya, e bakit yung driver ang pinababa nya to fetch her kid at di siya sana ang bumaba. ayaw mainitan? tamad? ayan nakapatay tuloy.
    Last edited by yebo; February 25th, 2009 at 08:37 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    liable na ang driver nito... above 7 yrs old na ang victim

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse View Post
    liable na ang driver nito... above 7 yrs old na ang victim
    may i know why, Sir? thanks.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Accident at Ateneo again? damn..... Kawawa naman yung bata...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus View Post
    Stooping down, then probably she may have incidentally transferred the gear to Drive and when it suddenly moved she may have stepped on the accelerator instead of the brakes.
    if this an AT only the Super Grandia Hiace ang pwedeng maging variant unless jdm.

grabe. RIP.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    definitely, tama yung theory that the accelerator had been stepped on very hard (mistaken it for the brake). The impact on the boy and five other vehicles proved it.

Poor boy and poor parents!.. RIP.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    puń%#*! bat ngayon ko lang nalaman to?! kailangan ko na ulit magbasa ng dyaryo o manood ng tv. on the other hand, how come ADMU never released an official statement?

i have a grade 1 son there, and now i'm greatly worried, lalo na school bus lang sya.

i know this isn't the proper venue, but if an ADMU official is reading this, please issue an official statement. (i will make this request official through my CPR.) sa taas ng tuition na binabayaran namin, the least that we expect from ADMU representatives is to inform parents about matters as important as this one. heck, it's not even in ADMU's website! i guess it's high time you think of safer ways of dismissing the boys.

my condolences to the parents and relatives of the little boy. may he rest in peace.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    btw, just out of curiosity, where did this unfortunate accident exactly happen?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    if this an AT only the Super Grandia Hiace ang pwedeng maging variant unless jdm.

grabe. RIP.

Agree. We have to be very careful as accidents are just a (small) mistake away..... RIP....

7505:bravo:

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    nakapagtataka, wala sa mga major news channels ito when happened. nauna pa sa blogs, even GMA 7 has no related news

(UPDATE) Ateneo pupil dies after being pinned by cars

abs-cbnNEWS.com | 02/25/2009 3:16 PM

A pupil of Ateneo de Manila Grade School (AGS) died Tuesday after being pinned in between two vehicles inside the school campus.

Amiel Alcantara, 10, a Grade 4 pupil at the school, was on his way to their family vehicle along with siblings Jana and Javier, nanny Tata Suarez, their driver Khan Nyugen Alcasabas and a friend of Javier around 3:45 p.m. when a Toyota Hi-Ace van suddenly lurched towards a Honda CRV and another vehicle.

Alcantara was found underneath the two vehicles. He was hurriedly pulled out and rushed to New Era Hospital by another parent, Alcasabas, and Maria Teresa Torres, the driver of the van.

Alcantara died at the hospital at around 5 p.m. after suffering from head injuries.

Suarez meanwhile suffered fractures in her shins and ankles and was taken to the school infirmary for treatment.

The Alcantaras formally filed a complaint against Torres, a parent of a fellow Grade 4 pupil, who was also waiting for her child at the time of the incident.

Prior to the incident, Torres' driver alighted from their van, after which she took over the wheel to drive it forwards. An official statement from Ateneo de Manila University said that according to her however, the van "accelerated uncontrollably" and hit the victims and the cars.

The Torres family declined to be interviewed.

The school administration meanwhile assured that there will be a "proper and thorough" investigation of the matter.

"The Ateneo assures the community that a proper and thorough investigation of the incident has been launched, and that counseling assistance is being provided to the affected families and students," the statement said.

"Amiel, son of [Jose] ‘Pepe’ Alcantara, was a valiant and responsible Boy Scout and a friend to many students," the statement said.

"Masses and prayers are also being offered all over campus for the repose of the soul of Amiel, whose remains lie in state at the Chapel of the Holy Guardian Angels at the Ateneo Grade School. As a final tribute to Amiel, the AGS Boy Scouts will forego their scheduled pass in review tomorrow and instead hold a mass for their fellow scout," the statement added. With a report from Ryan Chua, ABS-CBN News

as of 02/25/2009 11:23 PM

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Van kills 10-year-old boy inside Ateneo campus