New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Please help, planning to go on vacation Philippines, can I use my Saudi Driving License (Arabic) during my 2 months vacation in Pinas . walang bang hassle sa mga traffic enforcer. Wala kasi akong Philippine License.
    Thank you in advance.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oyam2157 View Post
    Please help, planning to go on vacation Philippines, can I use my Saudi Driving License (Arabic) during my 2 months vacation in Pinas . walang bang hassle sa mga traffic enforcer. Wala kasi akong Philippine License.
    Thank you in advance.
    You can not use Saudi Driver's license here in the Philippines. When you arrive, just apply for a Philippine driver license instead.

You will have problems with Morur (police) Sayara (car) impound they will milk you astronomical Fulus (money)

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Kumuha ka na lang ng lisensiya rito.... Kung may lisensiya ka sa Saudi,- kaya mong ipasa ang exams dito.... Dapat magaling ka sa parallel parking na (part ng test iyan diyan, di ba?)....

Mafi Muskelah!

8404:duel:

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Shukaran Katir sa mga reply niyo sadik,

May nabasa kasi ako ngayon sa LTO websites http://www.lto.gov.ph/dls_faq.html tama po ba ang pagkaka intindi ko di naman kasi nakalagay na pagka saudi Driver's License di pwede. Baka convert ko na lang pa translatSaudi driver's license tapos patatakan Ko sa Consular Philippine Embassy at pagdating diyan pwede na sa Non Prof para di na maghintay ng 1 month kung dadaan pa sa student permit.
    Tama ba ang option ko.

Q:I have a valid foreign driver’s license. Can I use it in the Philippines?A:Yes, 3 months from date of arrival.Q:Can I convert my foreign driver’s license into Philippine driver’s license?A:Yes. If valid, no exams. If expired subject to written / practical exams.Q:I had a Philippine driver’s license before I went abroad. Could I still use it upon arrival in the Philippines? Which license am I going to use? My foreign driver’s license or any Philippine driver’s license?A:If both are valid, you can use any of the two driver’s license.A:Chapter III, Sec. 21 of the Republic Act (RA) 4136, otherwise known as the “Land Transportation and Traffic Code” states that:. “Bonafide tourists and similar transients who are duly licensed to operate motor vehicles in their respective countries may be allowed to operate during but not after (90) days of their sojourn in the Philippines.” Nothing in this article shall be construed to prohibit the licensee for an option to convert valid foreign driver’s license to Philippine driver’s license within the period of ninety (90) days from the date of his last arrival in the Philippines. However, if the foreign driver’s license is not written in English, such driver’s license should always be accompanied by an Official English translation issued by the Local Embassy of the issuing country. Memorandum Circular (MC) No. 495-2004 date 24 February 2004 entitled “Amendments to EMA-MC-01366 dated 09 October 2001 Re: “Revised Guidelines on Conversion of Foreign Driver’s Into Philippine Driver’s License” provides the following requirements and procedure, to wit: 1. Original and 1 (one) photocopy of valid foreign license. If the foreign driver’s license in not in English Language, the applicant should submit an official English translation from the local Embassy of the issuing Country; 2. Original and machine copy of a valid passport showing the latest date of arrival in the Philippines of the foreign applicant; 3. Original and machine copy of valid visa or Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) if the foreign applicant temporarily resides in the Philippines; 4. Original copy of Medical Certificate issued by an LTO accredited or government physician; 5. Original copy of drug test result issued by DOH Accredited Drug Testing Center; 6. If, foreign license is expired, applicant shall undergo written and practical examinations; 7. TIN card (photocopy) / TIN No.; 8. Fees: Non-Professional License Fee - P 180.00 Application Fee - P 25.00 Conversion Fee - P 30.00 Computer Fee - P 52.80 TOTAL - P 287.80 9. Venue: LTO, Main Office, East Ave., QC, or any LTO District Offices / Licensing Centers nationwide.

Valid Saudi Driving License