New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    This was temporarily closed during the term of Bayani at MMDA and it improved the flow of traffic along C-5 from the flyover at Blue Ridge to the Flyover at Ortigas. I pass this area once a week but the U-Turn here causes traffic to choke from the fly over of Ortigas northbound until you pass this area and vice versa southbound.

IMHO, this U-turn slot only serves the interest of those living in Eastwood City and the people going to the Mall. What Megaworl should have done was to construct a flyover to ingress/egress the Eastwood City and not inconvenient the majority of the population passing thru C-5.

I have sent a letter to MMDA thru their website made for grievances to report this chaos created by the U-Turn slot but have not received any reply from them yet.

WHat do you think tsikoters, should MMDA close this U-TURN slot infront of Eastwood City and have the cars u-turn under the fly overs just like what was done before?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Well it benefits not just the residents and mall-goers. Remember that Eastwood is a business district as well with thousands of employees going in and out 24/7. I only occasionally go to our Eastwood office but I can imagine how much of an inconvenience that would be to the employees if that u-turn slot is closed down.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Forum Runner

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    i understand where you are coming from Sir. but majority of the employees there take the public transportation so they will benefit from the faster flow of traffic with the closure. only the minority of employees with cars will be affected by taking a longer route to u-turn under the fly over, but as was explained before, the faster traffic flow would result to lesser fuel consumed than the heavy traffic before you reach that area.

and besides, the number of people who will benefit from the faster traffic flow will outnumber the number of people to be inconvenienced by the longer route to make the u-turn in and out of Eastwood.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The U-turn was for the benefit of Eastwood City and it has resulted in a lot of traffic in this portion of C5. It was closed before and this did improve traffic flow well enough. If Megaworld really cared about traffic flow in the area and not just building on every square inch of land, they would have considered the following:

- Build unloading bays for PUVs (as we know, the jeeps stopping in front of Eastwood cause a lot of traffic)
    - Make more road space to the entrance of Eastwood with reference to the natural flow of traffic rather than immediately putting a building right smack at the corner of their main entrance. The 90 degree turn from C5 to the narrow entrance of Eastwood causes traffic to slow down considerably.
    - Build it's own flyover or underpass from the C5 Southbound lane (like what Rockwell Land did for access from EDSA Northbound to Estrella Sts.).

To say that closing the said u-turn slot in front of BMW Libis/Eastwood will inconvenience the thousands of employees in Eastwood is incorrect IMO. There are much more people who traverse C5 who are inconvenienced by this U-turn slot. AFAIK, Megaworld/Eastwood pushed for this u-turn to be reopened because traffic in the mall back then decreased when it was closed. How can the QC government refuse one of its large business taxpayers?
    Last edited by vinj; November 26th, 2012 at 01:17 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yourman_2nd View Post
    i understand where you are coming from Sir. but majority of the employees there take the public transportation so they will benefit from the faster flow of traffic with the closure. only the minority of employees with cars will be affected by taking a longer route to u-turn under the fly over, but as was explained before, the faster traffic flow would result to lesser fuel consumed than the heavy traffic before you reach that area.

and besides, the number of people who will benefit from the faster traffic flow will outnumber the number of people to be inconvenienced by the longer route to make the u-turn in and out of Eastwood.
    I assume that this is your daily route, right bro?

Ako nga average - once every 2 weeks lang napaparaan dito (on a Saturday),- umiiksi na ang pisi ng pasensya,- ikaw pa?....

14.5K:bruce_lee:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Ako nga average - once every 2 weeks lang napaparaan dito (on a Saturday),- umiiksi na ang pisi ng pasensya,- ikaw pa?....

This could be my daily route as well but because of that U-turn induced Eastwood traffic, the slowdown/bottleneck at the Bagong Ilog flyover, and the C5-Kalayaan U-turn shenanigan of BF, it's still faster for me to cook it out on EDSA. Taking EDSA also gives me more alternative routes.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

i only pass this route once a week sir due to weekly activity somewhere in Pasig. Imagine those who pass this chaotic area everyday. You will really feel very pissed when you go down the Ortigas flyover at a snail pace then right after you pass this area, traffic flows faster. Worse is southbound when you go down the Blue Ridge flyover, super slow traffic but after you pass this u-turn it's green and go! If you will see this area on a helicopter, you will realize this SUPER BOTTLENECK area. And what does MMDA do with this problem? NOTHING. Kasi nga malaki siguro contribution ng Megaworld sa MMDA so as to maintain this U-turn open.

Now, if they can't close this U-Turn, what they can do is to limit the u-turning vehicles to just a single lane for both sides by putting lane dividers like those concrete or plastic road blocks, this will then leave 3 lanes for passing thru vehicles. Now kasi, two lanes are occupied by u-turning vehicles. Moreso, the u-turing vehicles going to eastwood swerves tot he right to enter Eastwood while those vehicles that exited Eastwood swerves to the center of C-5 to make the U-turn. TAMA BA NAMAN YAN GANYAN TRAFFIC FLOW ATTY TOLENTINO? Doesn't take a rocket scientist nor an Attorney to answer that question. Common Sense will.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    The real issue here are the jeeps in front of Eastwood / Citibank. They take two lanes of the road and hang around until they get passengers. I think that's what causes the bottleneck. That U-Turn slot is half of the problem.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    The real issue here are the jeeps in front of Eastwood / Citibank. They take two lanes of the road and hang around until they get passengers. I think that's what causes the bottleneck. That U-Turn slot is half of the problem.
    true. plus alangan ung pwesto ng U-turn slot sa may Gentext.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I pass by this area every single day and sobra talagang traffic dyan...and mga bagay na nagcocontribute are the following;

1. U-turn slot itself
    2. Jeepneys
    3. Vehicles na galing u-turn slot (south bound) tapos kelangan magsharp right papasok sa may libis police station (I guess alternative way ito going to eastwood)
    3. Vehicles na galing eastwood na pagkalabas kelangang magsharp left para maka-uturn going southbound
    4. Mga taong hindi gumagamit ng overpass at tumatawid sa c5

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
U-TURN Slot at C-5 Libis in front of Eastwood City