New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    How do you request a transfer of LTO papers from one LTO office to another?

Here's the scenario, i have a local vehicle that originated in Cebu so that the LTO Office is stamped as Cebu City. The CR & OR is already under my name. The yearly registration is being handle now here in Manila, since i can have it registered anywhere. The problem is, what if i want all the documents/papers for my vehicle transferred here in Manila from Cebu City? So that future transactions involving the CR would be faster, and not have to be physically processed in Cebu. Is there a process i can go thru with LTO to have this done? Anybody had experience in this before?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Hi swordsman...We have transacted a same scenario way back in 1991...the L-300 versa van's c.r. was registered in Angeles City Lto...we had it transferred to Lto Manila North in Tayuman...you have to give the Lto Cebu City office a letter for a request of transfer of all the vehicle's documents to your preferred Lto office...meydo matagal lang nga we waited for more than a month before the Lto Angeles office mailed the documents to Manila North...there is a fee involved for the transfer but can't remember how much...hope this helps and good luck.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    thanks sir ans_lim168! one more question, that request of transfer, is that something that can be sent thru mail to Cebu LTO office? i'm not sure as well how the fee would be given to them - via Landbank deposit(?).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ tama yung answer ni ans. kaya lang on the documents, i am not sure if LTO is really reliable in handling documents if you send it via mail. baka when the time comes, sabihin nila na hindi nila na tanggap documents mo.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede yata LTO - LTO ang transaction. Yung LTO office sa Manila ang magpapadala ng request sa LTO Cebu para i-transfer mga documents.

Transfer of LTO Papers between LTO offices