New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.coolest-gadgets.com/20091...own-red-light/

Would be nice to have something like this... or better yet, a countdown down for all the lights (red, yellow and green) so you know how much time before it changes. I have seen this in other countries. I think it would be a big benefit for motorists here if implemented properly in major intersections.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    meron nyan sa Fort.. meron din yata sa roxas blvd... pero hindi ganyan.. as in timer talaga..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Yup,- Manila used to have one(countdown display) along Roxas Blvd, in front of Aristocrat Restaurant... Kaso, inalis...

It was my favorite traffic light in MM......

9000:snowfight1:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saw one yesterday sa may Ayala/Glorietta area.

Not exactly like that, much better actuall, with big numbers (20 sec. yata) counting down. Same sa pedestrians.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    saw one yesterday sa may Ayala/Glorietta area.

Not exactly like that, much better actuall, with big numbers (20 sec. yata) counting down. Same sa pedestrians.
    Those I prefer (with actual number for seconds). I just with more would be installed.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Yup,- Manila used to have one(countdown display) along Roxas Blvd, in front of Aristocrat Restaurant... Kaso, inalis...

It was my favorite traffic light in MM......

9000:snowfight1:
    Kung magiging ganyan lahat ang Traffic light sa metro manila walang mahuhuli na reckless at bitting the red light at mawawala ng kotong ang mga traffic enforcer . Alam ninyo ba na kayang i control ng traffic enforcer ang traffic light . Dito sa may chinese general hospital titiyempuhan na go at pagnagmabilis ka biglang i hihinto kaya huli ka.
    bitting the red light.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Matagal na meron sa Philippines nung may countdown timer, earliest I saw one was around 2004 or '05 in Manila.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Sa Roxas BLVD nga po yun nakita ko dati, ang ganda nga nun eh. Dapat puro ganun na lang yung traffic lights eh, yung countdown timer siya tapos nag iiba din ng color.

Ganun daw sa China sabi ng mom ko eh, ganda nga daw eh. At mas maganda nga yun kasi alam mo kung aabot ka pa sa green o hindi.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by digitel View Post

Ganun daw sa China sabi ng mom ko eh, ganda nga daw eh. At mas maganda nga yun kasi alam mo kung aabot ka pa sa green o hindi.
    Not only in China... Places like Thailand and Taiwan have them. And these stoplights actually make sense to motorists.

Even THE FORT has them but the numbers are meant for the pedestrians to countdown the last seconds of their lives before angry motorists run them over if they don't successfully cross the road in the time given to them.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Not only in China... Places like Thailand and Taiwan have them. And these stoplights actually make sense to motorists.

Even THE FORT has them but the numbers are meant for the pedestrians to countdown the last seconds of their lives before angry motorists run them over if they don't successfully cross the road in the time given to them.
    Hehehhe! =)) i sure hope that the rest of the country or at least the metro follow the taguig traffic light system... pati pedestrians merong stop and go lights and dun yung timers.. mas maganda talaga ganyan.. saka dapat meron traffic control na third party or hindi dapat nacocontrol ng onsite traffic enforcers para iwas kotong.. (i remember sa pasay rotonda pasaway yung mga mmda dun.. bigla na lang nagiging red yung traffic light.. tsk tsk tsk. muntik ako dun mabiktima... buti na lang madami bus.. singit singit ako dun para magtago. tinamad yung mmda sumunod ))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Traffic Stoplight with countdown on red light