New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Hi,

What agency is in charge of buying and installing those traffic lights with timers?

Many traffic lights have them already.

But it appears some critical intersections avoid that for some reason. Here is the interaction of C.M. Recto Avenue and Avenida (Rizal avenue) near Arranque,

recto-avenida.jpg

There are about 10 MTPB traffic enforcers with eagle eyes guarding that interaction and if you so much as cross the yellow line even after your car is already beyond the mark and it is yellow. You will be charged with beating the red light.

I was caught twice. And avoided that intersection but sometimes have to take it and anxious if the traffic sign will suddenly change to yellow just when crossing it.

Until now. There is no countdown or timer installed when the streets beside it have them already. It is either the enforcers with connections to the timer agency requesting not to put it (so they can earn from or many huii) or it is city hall itself who doesn't want the timer installed so they could earn from a lot of beating red light penalty? Which of this is likely? Can't Mayor Isko Moreno do something about this?

Does anyone know him personally or the agency involved that can put the timer once and for all. Please forward him this message or inform them about this. Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    The picture above was taken from google maps.

Here is an actual video when passing through the intersection.

(just ignore the midnight time stamp as I didn't adjust the dashboard time).

It is a very busy intersection, all the other streets besides it has countdown/timer installed already since many years ago. Pero they don't seem to plan to put one here. Some Kotong group is stopping it (they have several dozens or a hundred huli per day). It's causing congestions too as sometimes many cars pass by the interactions even after red stop (when the enforcers are busy with their huli at sides). Please forward the video to Mayor Isko so he can do something. How do you convey it to him?

If you pass the yellow line with yellow light. Huli ka agad (beating red light). One time I stopped suddenly, a motorcycle hit the back of my car and the passenger fell down. Buti hindi na sagasa ng other car. It makes one nervous when passing by the intersection.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Usually tinitignan ko yung timer sa Avenida side of that intersection (going Sta Cruz Church side). But I rarely past Recto since they've been concrete blocking it since last year.

You can forward your complaints here

Manila Public Information Office - Home | Facebook

Via messenger.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Usually tinitignan ko yung timer sa Avenida side of that intersection (going Sta Cruz Church side). But I rarely past Recto since they've been concrete blocking it since last year.

Via messenger.
    Ok. In the left turn going from recto to morayta and right turn from morayta to recto. Rami nahuhuli because the lights change very fast and 2 enforcers guarding any that crosses the yellow line. I got caught 3 times there over the years.

Also in Soler corner Abad Santos near lucky mall, wala rin timer and many got caught. They installed so many countdown timers elsewhere pero not those strategic places. I think meron group influencing the timer company or agency not to put it?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post

Via messenger.
    I tried looking at timer of avenida side kanina. You can only peek at it near the yellow lane because it's visible to small angle only and difficult if the sun is towards your windshield). It will only work if the traffic is slowly moving and you are deciding whether to stop while it is still green. If it is fast moving, you can't brake suddenly because the vehicle behind you can collide with you. It happened once before. I stopped suddenly and a motorcycle hit my side and the driver fell down.