New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Traffic enforcers such as the MMDA and Local City traffic enforcers should have "proof of competence."

YUNG NANGHUHULI AY DAPAT QUALIFIED PARA MANGHULI kaya nararapat na sila mismo ay mayroong VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE.

Sapagkat WRONG na ang hinuhuli ay MAS QUALIFIED KAYSA NANGHUHULI kung sila mismo na "enforcer" ay walang PROOF na mayroon silang sapat na knowledge in the form of a Driver's License.

It doesn't make any sense and it is outright ridiculous.
    source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&ref=nf

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Competence? I don't think seeing them standing after a stoplight in groups waiting to pounce on the last car (take note, CAR and not PUV) to cross at the yellow light qualifies as such.

Competence? I don't think waiting around for the next victi... er... violator instead of preventing the violation from happening qualifies as such. (Swerving much eh).

Competence? I don't think seeing them turn a blind eye on erring PUVs and their fellow enforcers/police/military officials blatantly disregarding the traffic laws qualifies as such.

Competence? I don't think a good number of them can even spell the word.

And yes, when i rains, a lot of them disappear. Aside from traffic enforcers, even our traffic managers should get out on the street and just drive to get a feel of what's really going on. For example, Santolan Road before EDSA (coming from Cubao/Katipunan) is traffic every morning. One cause? Cars coming out of the side street (5th, 6th Avenues) which are too close to the EDSA intersection impede traffic flow of Santolan road. IMO, those side streets should be one way going in instead of one way going out. There's a stoplight at 8th avenue that can control traffic coming out of the Murphy/Cubao areas and give enough leeway for all traffic to flow smoothly to EDSA.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron daw! may COMPETENSYA daw sila na kaya ka nilang kotongan sa ayaw mo at sa gusto!!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Competent naman daw...

sa pagiging collector.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    competent na traffic enforcer?

meron ba ganyan?

jologs lahat yan... pinasuot lang ng uniform

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    a few weeks ago, i was at macapagal avenue, nearing edsa. my light was green and the traffic was very light. i even saw the traffic enforcer (TE) waving his LED flashlight, waving me on. so, i crossed.
    aba! the TE's partner at the other side flagged me down!
    "sir, pinapatigil ka nang TE. hindi ka tumigil."
    hindi ko na natiis.
    "anong ginagamit niya para patigilin ako? yung flashlight niya? hindi ba yun din ang winawagayway niya para pa-andarin ang mga sasakyan? anubayan!? green light plus flashlight equals stop? at red light plus flashlight equals go? is that written on paper somewhere, or are we just making it up as we go along??!!"
    he eventually let me go..
    first of all, there was nothing wrong with the stoplight. secondly, the one time they overrode that same stoplight, they caused a traffic jam from macapagal to taft!! i should know! i saw it with mine own eyes. just a few minutes before, i drove from taft to macapagal with practically no traffic. on the way back, i saw it...
    Last edited by dr. d; July 4th, 2012 at 08:28 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Newbie driver lang sa metro manila. Last week I was driving along ortigas ave. I got flagged down sa crossing ng meralco ave. Medyo matraffic that time. I was at the middle lane (3 lanes ata yung ortigas ave) and needs to go to EDSA. To my surprise may concrete barrier upto the middle lane, so pa left pala. I did not see any signs na yung middle lane is for left turn only prior to reaching that concrete barried. Around 6-7 cars pa yung nasa una ko before ko nakita yung barrier... Then I also saw 3 blue boys standing a few meters away sa barrier. So I signalled light para di ako mapwersa to turn left dahil sa concrete barrier. Nakatingin lang yung mga mokong. Then nung makapasok na ako sa right lane and malapit na sa kanila, saka ako winagaywayan na tumabi. So hinuli ako...

I told them na wala ako nakita anywhere na yung middle lane is left turn lang... Not until I saw the barrier. Kaso yun, hinuli pa rin ako... Wish ko lang sana malinaw yung traffic signs para mawarningan yung drivers. Or at least nung nakikita na nila ako trying to turn right, sinenyasan sana ako na bumalik sa kaliwa. Kaso nanood lang sila like just waiting for the next victim.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MMDA TRAFFIC enforcers.... karamihan dyan COMPETENT SA kotongan.... kawawa lang sakanila ang private and PUV drivers....

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vefyjeph View Post
    Newbie driver lang sa metro manila. Last week I was driving along ortigas ave. I got flagged down sa crossing ng meralco ave. Medyo matraffic that time. I was at the middle lane (3 lanes ata yung ortigas ave) and needs to go to EDSA. To my surprise may concrete barrier upto the middle lane, so pa left pala. I did not see any signs na yung middle lane is for left turn only prior to reaching that concrete barried. Around 6-7 cars pa yung nasa una ko before ko nakita yung barrier... Then I also saw 3 blue boys standing a few meters away sa barrier. So I signalled light para di ako mapwersa to turn left dahil sa concrete barrier. Nakatingin lang yung mga mokong. Then nung makapasok na ako sa right lane and malapit na sa kanila, saka ako winagaywayan na tumabi. So hinuli ako...

I told them na wala ako nakita anywhere na yung middle lane is left turn lang... Not until I saw the barrier. Kaso yun, hinuli pa rin ako... Wish ko lang sana malinaw yung traffic signs para mawarningan yung drivers. Or at least nung nakikita na nila ako trying to turn right, sinenyasan sana ako na bumalik sa kaliwa. Kaso nanood lang sila like just waiting for the next victim.
    Ano violation mo? Changing lane?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    ^malamang SWERVING nanaman yan :hammer:

College graduate or college undergrad na may course sa Criminology public safety and likes. palakasan din minsan kasi minsan pag nagretiro yung tatay ipapasok yung anak

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast