New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Correct me if I'm wrong, the supreme court has already ruled that MMDA officers are not allowed to fine traffic violators. It is only the City's police officers are allowed to give us fine and tickets.

I've done extensive search on the internet on the rules in traffic enforcement but I only get results form MMDA and LTO. So does anyone have any idea where we can find a single or a general rules for motorist like us in terms of the road side violations we should know about? I'm leaning to the idea that this question can be competently answered by a person, like an atty, who is knowledgeable in the phil constitution and traffic laws and regulation.

This way, we can know how to argue our way out of wrong violation that is/are unconstitutional and empower us to fight against this corrupt officials who wanted their belly be fulled by extorting money from innocent motorist.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by markalvintan View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, the supreme court has already ruled that MMDA officers are not allowed to fine traffic violators. It is only the City's police officers are allowed to give us fine and tickets.

I've done extensive search on the internet on the rules in traffic enforcement but I only get results form MMDA and LTO. So does anyone have any idea where we can find a single or a general rules for motorist like us in terms of the road side violations we should know about? I'm leaning to the idea that this question can be competently answered by a person, like an atty, who is knowledgeable in the phil constitution and traffic laws and regulation.

This way, we can know how to argue our way out of wrong violation that is/are unconstitutional and empower us to fight against this corrupt officials who wanted their belly be fulled by extorting money from innocent motorist.
    Can you please post the SC ruling or the link/s.

:coffee: [SIZE="1"]3664[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    if i recall correctly, the ruling was that the mmda is not allowed to create ordinances, since the agency was creative by the president and not by a legislative body like the senate. but as far as traffic enforcement is concerned, they are well within their mandate

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Up ko lang to.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    so please somebody contribute here

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi guys! I did some research and here are some things I found

1.REPUBLIC ACT No. 4136
    "AN ACT TO COMPILE THE LAWS RELATIVE TO LAND TRANSPORTATION AND TRAFFIC RULES, TO CREATE A LAND TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES"
    "AN ACT AMENDING RA 4136, KNOWN AS THE "LAND TRANSPORTATION AND TRAFFIC CODE"

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    isa lang masasabi ko.. handa nalang kayo ng 100petot sa pitaka lage. para walang hassel.. haha so technically, pareho silang gagastusan mo pag nahuli ka. haha

kidding aside, as far as i know both MMDA and Police Officer are entitled to give as ticket na kaylangan natin bayaran. kahit yung MAPSA ganun din ang procedure. ang ginawa lang atang bagong law is that hindi na pwedeng kunin ang lisensya ng driver. at hindi na on the spot ang bayaran ng violation (except for kotong). lahat sa cityhall na ata. im not sure where though.

lage din kasi ako nahuhuli dati (kaya master ko na lahat ng palusot) wahaha so sa lahat ng klase ng enforcer na humuli sakin, puro ticket naman ang binibigay sakin. wala naman pinagbayad ako on the spot ng violation ko. mga pangmiryenda lang naman daw nila ang kaylangan ko bayaran on the spot... hehe

hope this helps.. hehe

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Ang pag kakalam ko. MMDA ang may karapatan na mag issue ng traffic violation hindi ang city police.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last year I got apprehended by police in Ortigas, one cop stayed with me while the other in the car left. A few minutes later an MMDA enforcer on a motorbike arrived with the police car that left earlier. BTW, I was apprehended for going in a one way street. I eventually got off with a warning when I reasoned with the MMDA officer.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    The only thing I appreciate with the MMDA is that they don't take your license under normal circumstances and I can pay my dues on any nearby Metrobank branch. Hassle talaga pagnahuli ng regular police officer, especially pag taga Manila. Hay naku, Manila city hall nanaman

Which reminds me, di ko pa pala nakukuha license ko sa Manila city hall. Huli ako coding last week eh traffic tapos lumagpas ng window. Talas ng mga mata sa relo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Traffic enforcer: MMDA vs Police Officer