New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    There is a tunnel opening under the Kalayaan flyover. Wonder where that goes.
    Middle Earth? :D May Fitness First sa Fort diba?

I also see that... strange eh.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post

I also see that... strange eh.
    Yeah, I always wanted to know where that tunnel goes. Probably to the holding tank that BGC say can hold rainwater equivalent to 8 olympic size swimming pools.

Vinj, sorry, what so strange about Fitness First sa Fort? Di ko nakuha punch line.

What contributes to the traffic there is that they keep the road to Kalayaan Ave closed during peak hours, making all cars go straight thru that narrow road in between Serendra and STI. What makes it worse is that the construction sometimes eat 1 more lane with their heavy equipment parked at the side.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    One does not simply drive into BGC :horse:

Yep may Fitness First pa. Puro kainan ang nakapalibot

The holding tank is under the Burgos Circle. Pero close enough to be related . I think the tank exits under the road leading to Gate 1 and Makati City Jail to Pasig.
    Last edited by JohnM; August 17th, 2012 at 05:51 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Vinj, sorry, what so strange about Fitness First sa Fort? Di ko nakuha punch line.
    One of tsikot's resident posters, is from Middle Earth/Hollow Earth and he's a fitness buff.

I also can't comprehend why they keep that road closed. Only once i did get to pass there and it got me to Kalayaan Ave pretty quick.

The holding tank is under the Burgos Circle. Pero close enough to be related . I think the tank exits under the road leading to Gate 1 and Makati City Jail to Pasig.
    Now that you mentioned it, i do recall BGC having a big excavation before that crossed Kalayaan Ave and was covered up again after. That's probably it.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    the original plan was to have a centralized basement parking and drop off points for all the buildings.. too expensive kaya di na tinuloy..

There is a tunnel opening under the Kalayaan flyover. Wonder where that goes.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    the original plan was to have a centralized basement parking and drop off points for all the buildings.. too expensive kaya di na tinuloy..
    That would have been great kung natuloy. Ngayon haba ng pila sa lahat ng parking lots.

Good luck na lang when SM opens.

Sana matuloy yung monorail from Guadalupe to NAIA3

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    wow! sayang ito ah! gandang plan sana yan.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BGC has gotten way too busy and way too crowded. And you're right, the road layout is good if you're only planning to stay within BGC. It's a b1tch to get out of it.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kalayaan was supposed to be the bypass pero for some reason Makati keeps it crowded with its constituents

And BGC is not even done constructing big-a$$ buildings yet. More fun to come.
    Last edited by JohnM; August 17th, 2012 at 06:37 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ito rin alam ko parand underworld. Ang Ganda sana umulan ir umaraw balewala then Sa ilalim na rin lakad mga tao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast