New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 95 of 167 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Mann View Post
    yung kamuning flyover, nagtataka ako kung bakit ginawa yan. hindi naman ganun ka traffic during that time from Timog to Kamuning, 2 traffic lights lang naman yun and 4-5 lanes both sides yung EDSA dun. lumiit lang tuloy yung road sa ibaba ng flyover and tumamlay yung businesses duon. I witnessed it all kasi duon lang kami sa Kamias nakatira dati, 100 meters away from EDSA.
    well,
    i thought it was a boon for us motorists back then, when we had to travel from quezon avenue to south of manila.
    back then kasi, once past kamuning, because of the edsa-aurora and edsa-shaw underpasses, and the boni tunnel, there was very little traffic, until makati...
    which was the reason why we now have the edsa-ayala tunnel. it was conceived to bypass the makati commercial center-generated traffic, for those who were only passing thru.

but they have to do something with that left-turning edsa-aurora flyover going to the airport area.
    it generates quite a horrendous traffic...

believe it or not,
    back in the early 70s,
    one would travel from pasay rotonda to north avenue in QC, in under an hour.
    then the traffic grids slowly began growing... boni... shaw... aurora blvd... hence the underpass/flyovers in these intersections.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 22nd, 2022 at 10:06 AM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    imagine mo kung wala yun.. ma stuck ka sa 2 stop lights..

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Mann View Post
    yung kamuning flyover, nagtataka ako kung bakit ginawa yan. hindi naman ganun ka traffic during that time from Timog to Kamuning, 2 traffic lights lang naman yun and 4-5 lanes both sides yung EDSA dun. lumiit lang tuloy yung road sa ibaba ng flyover and tumamlay yung businesses duon. I witnessed it all kasi duon lang kami sa Kamias nakatira dati, 100 meters away from EDSA.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    but they have to do something with that left-turning edsa-aurora flyover going to the airport area.
    What do you mean by do something? Maintenance? It's scary getting stuck at the highest point together with trucks. You'll really feel it swaying.

Problem is, sometimes you don't see the buildup right until you're actually near the curve.

Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it. - Mike Tyson

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    What do you mean by do something? Maintenance? It's scary getting stuck at the highest point together with trucks. You'll really feel it swaying.

Problem is, sometimes you don't see the buildup right until you're actually near the curve.

Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it. - Mike Tyson
    i was refering to ground-level taft-bound edsa...
    that flyover... crimping the multi-lane edsa, into a meager two-and-a-half or three-laner? hanggang magallanes ang trapik, kung mamalasin.

fortunately,
    very few are aware of the parallel side-road route...
    and we intend to keep it that,
    because it is easily congested.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 22nd, 2022 at 11:52 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    that flyover... crimping the multi-lane edsa, into a meager two-and-a-half or three-laner? hanggang magallanes ang trapik, kung mamalasin.
    i guess I haven't experienced that yet.

pero problematic naman talaga yang part ng EDSA approaching magallanes. vehicles from the far left going to the right and those from the right going to the left.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    i guess I haven't experienced that yet.

pero problematic naman talaga yang part ng EDSA approaching magallanes. vehicles from the far left going to the right and those from the right going to the left.
    i may be biased, but it's probably because of those huge buses swerving into and out of the bus stop, those container vans going to slex or to nagtahan, and those pesky PUJs that ply bicutan sukat and alabang.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    honganamanpala.

so i wonder,
    how was this flyover constructed, such that it is showing signs of "weakness"...
    the other flyovers appear to be "better made"...?
    Most old bridges and flyovers all over the country where reinforced during the early 2000-2010.

fortunately,
    very few are aware of the parallel side-road route...
    and we intend to keep it that,
    because it is easily congested.
    There are already plans for an overpass starting before Left turn flyover going to NAIA.
    It plans to go above that Left turn flyover bypassing EDSA/Taft interesction.
    Not sure when it will start or if it will be constructed in conjunction with the EDSA Extension Monorail to MOA.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    well,
    believe it or not,
    back in the early 70s,
    one would travel from pasay rotonda to north avenue in QC, in under an hour.
    then the traffic grids slowly began growing... boni... shaw... aurora blvd... hence the underpass/flyovers in these intersections.

When we transferred abode from San Juan to Sto. Nino in Marikina, magha-hatinggabi ko ginagawa ang paglilipat ng gamit namin.
    This was mid-90's and naging challenge ko na to keep the travel time to under 10 minutes from San Juan to Marikina.
    And I can easily do that lalo kapag timing na go halos lahat ng madadaanan kong traffic light sa Aurora Blvd.
    Of course wala pa ang LRT-II noon kaya maluwag pa ang kalsada.

Mga the late 90's to early 2000's naman, I try to beat the 10-minute mark from my work in QC to Concepcion, Marikina.
    Kapag mga 10 o'clock na sa gabi maluwag na ang Q. Ave. to QC Circle, then UP - Barangka - Concepcion.
    Same din kahit sa alternate ko na Kamuning - Kamias - Xavierville - Barangka. Very light traffic na rin.
    Time ni Pnoy dun na nag-umpisa na kahit mag-aalas dos na ng madaling-araw ay parang 7:00pm feels lang dati.
    Na-backlash pa si Pnoy sa statement niya na yung traffic is a sign of progress. Probably a tone deaf statement pero I agree.
    Kita mo yung mga kasabay mo sa madaling-araw eh mga gumimik (so marami na pera) or mga delivery van/trucks (good ang business).

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Heard that some people were stuck on NLEX for hours coz of fallen trees.

https://twitter.com/BayanihanToday/s...95578081804288

Freak weather? I don't recall any storm warnings.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ale828 View Post

There are already plans for an overpass starting before Left turn flyover going to NAIA.
    It plans to go above that Left turn flyover bypassing EDSA/Taft interesction.
    Not sure when it will start or if it will be constructed in conjunction with the EDSA Extension Monorail to MOA.
    the traffic congestion on the left-turn flyover are caused by:
    1. the perennial hukays and vehicle parking along aurora. fix this and i am confident, traffic flow will streamline.
    2. the occasional libing prusisyon. tradition! highs. suko ako.
    3. binabaha ang northbound airport road sa dulo nang aurora, kapag malakas ulan. this is strange, because the estero de gallina is just there; in fact, the road runs as a bridge over it, just past the rotonda.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 23rd, 2022 at 12:16 AM.

Traffic!