New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi Guys,

Binasa ko naman yung buong thread for Change of Ownership kaso di nabanggit kung pano ba kumuha ng TPL and Smoke Emission Certificate. Is this something na kailangan ko kunin muna bago pumunta sa LTO for change of ownership? Newbie kasi ako and due ko this 2nd week of Aug 09. This Friday Aug 7 naka-leave ako so punta ako ng TMG. Gusto ko sana pagkatapos nung kumuha ng ng TPL and Smoke Emission Certificate and then kung may time pa punta na ako LTO. (BTW LTO Laloma yung CR ng car)

Usually ba sa vicinity ng LTO offices meron nang pwedeng kuhaan nito?

Thanks sa lahat ng sasagot.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by majorguile View Post
    Hi Guys,

Binasa ko naman yung buong thread for Change of Ownership kaso di nabanggit kung pano ba kumuha ng TPL and Smoke Emission Certificate. Is this something na kailangan ko kunin muna bago pumunta sa LTO for change of ownership? Newbie kasi ako and due ko this 2nd week of Aug 09. This Friday Aug 7 naka-leave ako so punta ako ng TMG. Gusto ko sana pagkatapos nung kumuha ng ng TPL and Smoke Emission Certificate and then kung may time pa punta na ako LTO. (BTW LTO Laloma yung CR ng car)

If your ride is due for registration plus you want to change ownership then you will need a certification of emission test (passed), and compulsory third party liability (CTPL). yes, usually near the vicinity of the LTO offices there are emission testing areas, just make sure they are accredited testing areas so as to avoid a bogus emission test, same goes with the CTPL. Good luck.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi Thanks for the reply. How do I know if they are accredited or not? Sorry for me being a nuisance, I just really don't know. Thanks again.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    verify mo muna sa lto office mo which of them are accredited

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by majorguile View Post
    Hi Guys,

afaik, they do not require TPL and smoke emission certificate during the change of ownership process. they only require these documents during the car annual registration process. ang pwede mo na lang isabay is yung change of ownership when you register your car.

usually, within the LTO compound, may napapag emission test na dun and may nakukuhanan na ng insurance. i myself, do these para isang lakaran na lang.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi Guys, thanks sa lahat ng sumagot. Siguro nga confirm ko muna sa LTO office. Yes Change of Ownership and Car Registration gagawin ko tomorrow. Hopefully di masyadong malaki gastos ko. May kakilala kasi ako kaso ang singil sa akin 8.5k for all kaya I decided to do this on my own nalang tutal this is my first car and I really wanted to know the procedure. Balitaan ko nalang kayo bukas or Monday. Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I have the same concern.

Pwede bang ipa-smoke emission and TPL ko na yung car even if di pa ako pumunta ng LTO branch?

Ang concern ko lang is that the smoke emission and TPL will still be under the name of the previous owner, not myself since prior ng Change of Ownership ko gagawin un..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    I have the same concern.

Pwede bang ipa-smoke emission and TPL ko na yung car even if di pa ako pumunta ng LTO branch?

Ang concern ko lang is that the smoke emission and TPL will still be under the name of the previous owner, not myself since prior ng Change of Ownership ko gagawin un..

yes you can. the smoke emission certificate, i think is good for 60 days, and the start of coverage for the TPL is the date that you have applied for it.

and yes, both will be under the name of the previous owner.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    yes you can. the smoke emission certificate, i think is good for 60 days, and the start of coverage for the TPL is the date that you have applied for it.

and yes, both will be under the name of the previous owner.
    so, will the TPL and SET still be valid when Change of Ownership comes after these?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by box_type View Post
    so, will the TPL and SET still be valid when Change of Ownership comes after these?
    again...

you do not need these on the change of ownership process. you only need these on the registration.

if you get these documents in advance, it is because you need to register your car not to do change of ownership.

so pag kumuha ka neto one month in advance ng REGISTRATION MO, these documents are still valid.

they are in no way related to the change of ownership process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
TPL and Smoke Emission Certificate Question