New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    How to not pay the fines and save lots of money

The ticket trap
    You probably aren't aware of it, but when you receive a moving violation, you enter the complex machinery of your local municipal or county traffic court where negotiation is more the rule than the exception. They don't tell you that, of course; that's why nine in 10 traffic offenders simply pay the ticket rather than fight it in court.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAJ View Post
    How to not pay the fines and save lots of money

your point? anlabo yata!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ I don't get his point either.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ilang beses ko din binasa ung post pero hindi ko ma gets... maybe pag sinabi mong papaabutin mo sa court baka hindi ka bigyan ng ticket? if pinaabot mo nga at nanalo ka... bayad ka pa rin sa lawyer saka oras diba?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    My bad I didn't put much info.
    My point is either we negotiate or fight our right into not fining us if some corrupt cop stop us for a violation..

E.G.:
    Hire a traffic lawyer or contest/complain to the respected station instead of bribing or letting the cop extort the money out of your pocket.

Malay mo pinakawalan ka nga after na kotongan ka sabay lagay sa ticket niya yung license plate mo filed under the "no apprehension" method .. Double money lost yun dude

6. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    My point is either we negotiate or fight our right into not fining us if some corrupt cop stop us for a violation..
    Sorry my friend, but I can't agree 100%. Fight it only if you did not do anytrhing wrong.

Paki-usapan mo na lang ng ma-ayos yun pulis, if ever you know you are wrong....why? Because knowing most (not all) Filipino drivers here, the cops are most likely right in stopping the driver.

Hire a traffic lawyer or contest/complain to the respected station instead of bribing or letting the cop extort the money out of your pocket.
    I don't like bribing...I hate it. If you are wrong...pay for the ticket if you can't persuade the cop to let you off with a warning.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    merong violation na dapat pero may ilang viloation na unfair sa mga driver.

Ex: Mga traffic sign na may tapal ng sticker, covered, sira, malabo, luma at di mabasa etc.. dito nag babantay ang mga enforcers para makahuli instead of magbantay ng traffic.

Sa Makati, yellow light pa lang nang huhuli na ng beating the red light.

mga ordinance na sila lang ang may alam.

at madami pa

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cktlcmd View Post
    Sorry my friend, but I can't agree 100%. Fight it only if you did not do anytrhing wrong.

Paki-usapan mo na lang ng ma-ayos yun pulis, if ever you know you are wrong....why? Because knowing most (not all) Filipino drivers here, the cops are most likely right in stopping the driver.

I don't like bribing...I hate it. If you are wrong...pay for the ticket if you can't persuade the cop to let you off with a warning.
    uh I didn't say anything about bribing the cops.. I mean filing a complaint or negotiate the fee in the station not with the freaking kotong cops.. Hire a lawyer !! THey do not deserve our money..lols read it again

Lonerunner: I fully agree, this is the perfect example why we should complain to their station or office about that cop and follow through till they are fired from that job, they are corrupt and abuse of powers =]