New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I may have missed the road signs and/or announcements but does anybody know why? And for how long? Haba ng traffic sa Commonwealth pag umaga...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Dumaan ako kahapon, ok lang naman. I rarely use the flyover kasi lagi mas congested sa taas kesa sa baba.

Wala balita gaano katagal but tyaga lang siguro muna. Repair e.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bukas yung flyover pero yung U-turn slot sa ilalim sarado. Dang! Layo ng inikot ko tuloy...

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I used to pass by Commonwealth Avenue everyday, pero I've since been using Sauyo Road going to the office and back home.

Alam ko, plano yata ng MMDA na gumawa ng another flyover papunta sa Luzon Avenue. Before year-end yata ang target date ng completion, so expect another 6 months of hellish traffic.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Where is Luzon Ave? I suppose it somehow will link up with Visayas and Mindanao Aves?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Bukas yung flyover pero yung U-turn slot sa ilalim sarado. Dang! Layo ng inikot ko tuloy...
    Yung eastbound nung flyover bukas pero yung westbound sarado. Parang may ginagawa sila sa approach nung flyover tapat ng Luzon Ave. Pero wala naman akong maalala na sira yung daan na yun. And yes, sarado din yung intersection so di puedend tumawid ng Commonwealth from either side ng Tandang Sora.

Kung flyover naman, bakit kaya papuntang Luzon Ave?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I think ito na yung C5 extension passing thru mindanao ave then NLEX.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    They will extend the current flyover to give way to new intersection from C5 crossing Commonwealth via Luzon Ave., maliit kasi yung Tandang Sora di na malaparan pa. The construction site right now at the foot of the fly over was actually for new support post.

Luzon Ave. is the street before Tandang Sora coming from Fairview, medyo hindi lang pansinin dati yung Luzon dahil natatakpang ng mga street vendors at two way-single lane lang dati, pero ngayon nilalaparan na.

Why did they not start this during the school vacation, kaya ayun during the first day may nabanggang car sa concrete barrier kasi wala man lang warning lights sa construction site.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Update...

MANILA, Philippines - The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) assured the public yesterday that the P520-million Tandang Sora-Luzon Avenue flyover would be completed before the end of the year.
    Public Works Secretary Hermogenes Ebdane Jr. asked the public to bear with the traffic jams in the area.
    “Once the project is completed, it will be beneficial to all motorists and businessmen in the area,” DPWH Undersecretary for Luzon operations Romeo Momo said.
    Motorists, especially those coming from Katipunan Avenue, would no longer use U-turns slots in Commonwealth Avenue to go to Luzon Avenue as the flyover directly connects both ways, the DPWH said.
    Momo said the 500-meter flyover would directly connect Tandang Sora Avenue (Old Balara side) to Luzon Avenue. It has two lanes per direction.

Yup, layo ng U-turn going to tandang sora, halos nasa montessori na yung Uturn.

Why kaya hindi pwede buksan yung dati, na sa ilalim ng flyover dumadaan going to tandang sora, only VP Noli De Castro and some Congressman/s who lives at tandang sora can use the flyover left turn, sometimes they turns at opposite U-turn slot then use his convoy's siren... daya..hehe..Nagtitipid din kami sa gas noh...

Hindi ko rin maintindihan how they will connect C5 to tandang sora??!!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    yung flyover ang magco-connect.

Tandang Sora Flyover closed...