New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Saw an Innova with 'UID ***' plate number. It seems that they've maxed out possible combinations for the 'T' plates already. Which is so fast. The 'T' plates were introduced just about early this year. It seems that they are running out of combinations faster with every new series. The 'N' plates lasted just about 2 years (09-10), 'P' plates for about the whole of 2011 and the 'T' plates about the start of 2012 until recently with the re-issuance of 'U' plates. With the rate this is all going, we might see 'W' series plates by end of this or early next year.

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    ULS

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    They're probably maxing out earlier because the old N plates were issued around/over 20 years ago. Relatively very few cars from that time period still being used. On the other hand, older cars with P, T, U plates (especially the U's) are still an everyday sighting.

Looks like they may need to get other letters soon or to come up with more combinations. 3 letters and 4 numbers anyone?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    My plate is UID. Got it last week.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Can someone please post here what year and what XXX(alpha) plates were released?

I remember seeing it in one of the threads earlier, but could not find it now.

It's a good reference, actually.

TIA.

16.3K:shower:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Can someone please post here what year and what XXX(alpha) plates were released?

I remember seeing it in one of the threads earlier, but could not find it now.

It's a good reference, actually.

TIA.

Please do so, it's what I actually wanna establish. A guide for new plates. Para sa mga 2nd hand car shoppers. Unlike before kapag 'THK***' alam mo na agad na 93 model and pag 'TPH-***' 94 model, 'UTD-***' 97 model and so on, kasi sunod sunod lang sa alphabet. All you need to know is the bracket of where the year ends with what letter. Pero ngayon, makakakita ka 'NBI-***' then 'NXO-***' then 'NEO-***' and the likes ang hirap na sundan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The T plates came out sometime mid 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by piscesboy View Post
    ULS
    Dapat sa Rolls Royce Phantom or Gulfstream yan nakakabit. Magagalit si Uls kung sa pipichugin na kotse yan nalagay.

Yung intials ko, isang combo nakita ko sa FX na naka-special plate.

From the top of my mind (please correct nalang kung may mali):

N - ???? to 1983/84
    P - 1984 (?) to 1991
    T - 1991 to 1995
    U - 1995 to 1997
    W - 1997 to 2001
    X - 2001 to 2005
    Z - 2005 to 2008
    N - 2009 to 2010
    P - 2010 to 2011
    T - 2011 to 2012
    U - 2012 to ???
    Last edited by vinj; July 19th, 2012 at 01:03 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2010
    UIH-*** - Hyundai Coaster
    UIM-*** - Hyundai Elantra

Both seen in Makati last week.

Vehicle registration plates of the Philippines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Ito yung mga guide sa plates. Although not that accurate, ok naman ito

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    UIH-*** - Hyundai Coaster
    UIM-*** - Hyundai Elantra

Both seen in Makati last week.

Vehicle registration plates of the Philippines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Ito yung mga guide sa plates. Although not that accurate, ok naman ito
    Thanks bro.,- big help!

Very good reference.